Dj's United

Season is upon us, new shape tranny now in my ownership, at long last I have one

and sure beats loading everything into a A6 estate sometimes doing two trips.

but thats not why Im poting this topic.

As the topis suggests Im after a laser, there are few oyt there to choose from but which one, I've looked at the dual red one on the net and I've also seen one that does blue by mixing the red and grren laser to create a nice effect so the question is which one, or better still what do you use and how do you rate it, Chris Pinton of course, if you do any lasers or when you do a bulk buy let us know, like yesterday...... http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/rolleyes.gif been deadly busy doing ALL sorts, sorry I havnt posted here for awhile.

Cheers

hi chris,

where have you been? chris pointon no longer owns/runs/works at congleton s &l.

there has been a few lasers bought lately by members.

look here F199 laser

this is the green laser i bought a few weeks ago and its great. its a bit manic but once i get a dmx controller it should look a lot better.

i got it from limelight lasers on ebay. it cost £199 + £10 P& P

jim

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Oh bugger, where has he gone.... anyway thats life, I had a look on the link you given and the prices seem to be fairly good, I quite fancy the red/green combo, what do you think, or anyone else for that matter.

Cheers

not sure about the red/green laser. you could always send limelight a email asking which he recomends. he was very helpfull when i contacted him.

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Thanks all, plunged for a dual green one in the end, seems the red/green combo is way to bright for mobile gig work, 130 watts is enough to burn a hole through someone, got a 25 x 25 watt green and still need to be careful with it, I'll add a blue soon and offer them to all as I've sent e-mail to a few manufacturers, Im going for midrange units, ie DMX, sound and automatic, ILMA added to too costly..

• 2 weeks later...

The Tri-colour lasers are distributed in the UK by Spectrum.

If you are interested in a laser, check there site out, and then contact me for the best price!

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/thumbup.gif

As for blue lasers, unless you have money to burn DONT buy a blue laser.

The actual laser diode for a blue laser does not last very long. The techie people at spectrum have told me that since the blue lasers arn't very stable, they can break down. So they currently only sell the red, green and combo red+green lasers.

The only UK number 1 record to contain in its lyrics the title of the song which knocked it off number 1 was... Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (lyric: "Mamma Mia")!

The Forums Computer Nutter and expert!

Discos, Lighting and Sound Reinforcement in and around

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Gloustershire and Buckinghamshire etc...

Special FX Entertainment Services

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like your already sort but in case anyone else wants advice.

I have an EU 100mw green laser and a Seven Start 100mw green laser. First is quality manufured in a sensible country and the later comes from China.

The ones from China are what you will see on e-bay. They are cheap - really cheap. And you can't knock them value for money wise (not had the China one for long enough to tell you about relability though http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif )

But you do get what you pay for. The EU is double/tripple the price but it is a proper laser. It holds time tunnels etc and scans them. The china import ones are cheap because they have minimal cost put into diffraction grating, mirrors and mirror motors etc. As a result what they do as effect is shoot around very quickly. They don't hold amazing time tunnels etc.

The other big difference is the reaction to music. Cheap imports will keep dancing away at million miles an hour right through the breakdown of tracks. A more expensive laser will chill out and react to the music.

At end of the day your probably fine with a cheap import as they are such great value. But you do get a much better laser if you pay the money. It's not all about the power of the diaode.