Dj's United

As per topic if anyone can help..

I was advised to buy a neutrix XLR mic lead. It does fit my mic better but whats the difference other than a lot higher price?

Thanx in advance.

ste

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

Much better build quality than cheaper ones better cable grips no screws to lose better contacts I always use neutrik connemectors and they have never ever let me down in all the years. To go for the cheaper alternatives is not an alternative for me and dont forget to use quality cable as well it will save you £££ in the long run.

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

Nuetrix connectors have always held a premium price.

I have well over 100 XLR leads and the vast majority are Nuetric plugs, but the cable is Piranah. They are not the cheap range that Piranah do and I dont usually have any problems with any of them.

On the other hand, I was given some DAS Audio leads to eveluate, these use their version of the XLR plugs and they have been OK so far.....(SO FAR!!)

Watch out for the imported XLR plugs from places like Electrovision.....pure pants!

Neutrik are just 'right' whereas so many others aren't 'quite'

This goes doubly for Speakon connectors. I've had ones that the tabs are all the wrong size allowing reverse insertion (wrong pins contacting if using 4pole) and even fitting into a Powercon socket!! NO!!!

The new FX Speakons are just a pure pleasure to use

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

QUOTE (Kingy @ Oct 26 2005, 10:46 AM)
Watch out for the imported XLR plugs from places like Electrovision.....pure pants!

Exactly.. Ive had a few soundlab cables from there. Cos they are so pants I enquired about neutrix and was advised to buy them.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

I agree, Neutrik are the best all round. Beware of the chinese copies that are prevalent on the market today, they look criminally identical to the Neutriks but they lack the little logo. They have plastic back-shells like Neutrik but they go brittle when cold and they split or snap if not treated carefully.