Dj's United

PAT testing courses

If anyones interested in doing a course here is one for your interest..

1 DAY PAT testing course

I think it's worth any DJ being able to test their own equipment - not just for legal purposes, but to check equipment for faults in order to enhance reliability and avoid accidents, or in response to 'equipment trauma'.

I'm considering attending a course, but it would have to be in Exeter as I don't wish to travel. As yet, none of the courses I've seen advertised are offered in my city, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Yipe, just for kicks Im going to do the course next year, along with my carpentary course I'll well be on my way to becomming multi skilled, that does sound a bit much, certified in 3 so far, that will make 5 by June next year... http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/hiding.gif

"i wouldnt of minded being able to pat test my own equipment "

Chevron, you can do your own testing; The law at present simply requires that a 'competent' person does the testing, so all you really nead is a PAT tester, with up-to-dat calibration, and some basic know-how on how to use the equipment, and how to conduct the test correctly. A course would certinly provide you with the information, but it is available elsewhere for free. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/smile.gif

Pat test courses usually run at most colleges i did mine at our local college (burslem campus) and best of all i got it sponsored too.

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

QUOTE (stoke53 @ Nov 21 2005, 03:42 PM)
Pat test courses usually run at most colleges i did mine at our local college (burslem campus) and best of all i got it sponsored too.

alan

How much did the college charge for the course, fees so far with a private independant company is roughly £220~260