Dj's United

THATCHERS HOTEL / RAMADA JARVIS

GOT a couple of gigs in he 'club bar'? been told to set up around

8 ish start at 9.30 finish at 12 or 12.30

any info on size .... is there stage or is a corner of a bar deal.

any info would be appreciated

Kind regards

jason

I SAY! SPIFFING SOUNDS.

• 4 weeks later...

News Update

arrrghhhhhhhhhh

to be honest ok,,,,, bit of a walk to either of the 2 performing areas

I used the porters trolley that made it easy...seems this is the norm

Seems you have to plug and show to plug into the hotels sound system which has a level cut off on it!!!!!!

but its a nod and a wink that you use your own pa as the hotels cut off as soon as you start speaking or turn the music up beyond a whisper.

honestly it must have cost them a fortune for these systems hidden speakers amps etc.... but there no good for doing a disco at all.

the first night they lost the key to the cabinett so i had to use my pa officially...you should have seen the worry in there eyes....

then next night broke the door off the cabinett so the manager came showed me to plug it in i showed him it worked made an announcement it cut off

so.... i turned it off and used mine............. what a joke

i know they have had problems with neighbours but must be a better solutions they are running a business on a lie...... they have so many rules and regs sign in , see your insurance etc then rely on the DJ to suss out what is expected.

so they can blame him or her if the inspector came around..

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/wallbash.gif

o well both nights only had 45 ish there they said that it has been very quite for company partys this year.... but both were good the blue rinse brigade were brill on the 2nd night even had an oldish lady thank me she said that shes hasnt danced or had as much fun for several years which made it worth it

Well gala black tie night tonight with a band only couple hours work for double bubble hooray

I SAY! SPIFFING SOUNDS.