Dj's United

Help Picking Controller

hi guys,im new to the forum and need some advice.im now looking to upgrade from my mix track pro.ive been looking at controllers in the range of just over £400.im looking for a controller that will give me flexibillity,adding turn tables or cdjs in the furture.this a list ive been looking at.

numark n4,gives me the flexibillity,however its just a big bulk of plastic.should i look past the plastic build.

vms 4.1,gives me the flexibillity,has a great solid finish,however i feel the jog wheels let it down.would i get used to the jog wheels.

reloop mix 4,great jog wheel,great finish,cant add any turn tables or cdjs.GUTTED.do i really need turn tables.

could anyone advice me on any other controllers in this price range,i want to keep using vdj.

hi guys,im new to the forum and need some advice.im now looking to upgrade from my mix track pro.ive been looking at controllers in the range of just over £400.im looking for a controller that will give me flexibillity,adding turn tables or cdjs in the furture.this a list ive been looking at.

numark n4,gives me the flexibillity,however its just a big bulk of plastic.should i look past the plastic build.

vms 4.1,gives me the flexibillity,has a great solid finish,however i feel the jog wheels let it down.would i get used to the jog wheels.

reloop mix 4,great jog wheel,great finish,cant add any turn tables or cdjs.GUTTED.do i really need turn tables.

could anyone advice me on any other controllers in this price range,i want to keep using vdj.

Not many people use this forum, there are some busy Facebook groups out there though.

I have a VMS4.1 and it's superb.

I also have a vms4.1

I upgraded from a Hercules RMX. I had been wanting to upgrade for quite a while but you know how it is when you are so familiar with something? I knew where every button and knob was on the rmx without looking and I could mix blindfolded lol.

I'm no expert on jog wheels but the 4.1 are a league apart from the RMX although some reviews I have read do list them as a slight weak point.

I must say though i've been very impressed with the vms4.1. I often work without an external mixer and the mic channel on the rmx was pants to say the least. Two excellent balanced mic channels with 3 band eq is a big plus for me. The soundcard/audio quality is also very very good.

Add to that 4 deck capability and the massive range of other features and I think in it's price range it is unbeatable.

I suppose the next step up would be the MC6000. An excellent controller but to my eyes it offers nothing that the 4.1 doesn't. I saw one demoed at a local NADJ meeting but unfortunately I didn't get chance to have a play although I would imagine the jog wheels would be of a higher quality.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk