Dj's United

Weekend 24th - 27th November 2006

Last night's joint 21st was interesting and different to say the least.

Out of 80 expected guests, 30 turned up. I was thankful that I had my son with me for his knowledge of music (he's 21 next June), but even he was struggling at times to think of suitable tracks to play.

Having said that, it wasn't really a disco night as the karaoke got hammered all night, even up to 2 songs from the end of the night. I'd suggested to the birthday people that the karaoke should stop about an hour before the end, but they wanted it to continue as long as the requests were coming in, and so it did.

Looked at my watch to see 20 minutes to go when the steward came and told us one more track only. Told the customer and they were fine about it so :Thumbup: early finish.

I know we all like to see piccies, so here's a couple of my setup last night.

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/11/33209222484.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/11/33209222498.jpg

Before anyone says anything about the speakers being so close to the front of the stage - tables were being put in front of the stage for presents, so they were quite safe.

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

That room looks familiar Paul. Where was you working?

Roosters in Warrington. Quite a nice room to work. Level access, house lights controlled from the stage, and no sound limiter.

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

Saturday we a 60th Birthday and retirment party at local Golf Club. This was my first outing with my compact rig. Still have to work on making the lighting cabling neater and quicker to set up.

Only about 40 people that mainly stayed seated all night. Had the dance floor filled on/off most of the night. Had a few requests, but most sat and tapped their feet!

Song of the night, Shapeshifers Lola's Theme

Had lots of positive and thanking comments!

Ready for next weekend when the Xmas parties start!

Cheezy

Nightsounds