Dj's United

DJ Course

Guest test01

I do know that there are certain courses around the U.K that are aimed at D.J's although these are very few and far between and usually aimed at Radio, Mixing or Media rather than Mobile D.J's

If you are aiming to be a mobile D.J, then gaining practical experience by helping out an existing established Mobile D.J would possibly be more helpful to you - perhaps you could contact a D.J within your area and offer to help them out during busy periods or weekends?.

As such, there are no recognised qualifications required to become a D.J, if you wish to work for somebody as a D.J then they usually rely on references and previous experiance rather than dedicated courses!.

If you still wish to persue this, then there are some Youth Groups who offer D.J workshops although you may need to travel out of your local area to find one!.

A colleague of mine, Steve Cade runs a successful D.J Workshop called Indigo AV and although he is not within your area, he may be able to advise you on any other similar scheme in the Norwich area. You can email Steve at weaver9@mac.com

If you have any more questions then please feel free to post. This also applies to anybody who may know of a D.J course or Workshop within the Norwich area please post the details below.

Hi,

I'm based just ooutside Norwich, I believe that there are some DJ mixing courses held at the Norwich Arts Centre in St Benedicts.

If you're interested in the mobile side, then I agree with Chris P and suggest you roadie for someone if at all possible.