Dj's United

Hi all,

Have been asked by a client that amongst the preferred music they would like at their wedding reception they would like some "Guitar Based Indie".

Can anybody tell me if anyone has been asked for this before and is it different from normal Indie which i would class as Kaiser Chiefs, Fratellis, Arctic Monkeys, etc etc etc?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Bob

All stuck together with the finest DJ glue.

Ladiees an gennelmennn....the buffet is now open.

Hi all,

Have been asked by a client that amongst the preferred music they would like at their wedding reception they would like some "Guitar Based Indie".

Can anybody tell me if anyone has been asked for this before and is it different from normal Indie which i would class as Kaiser Chiefs, Fratellis, Arctic Monkeys, etc etc etc?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Bob

I think you are right with what you suggest (Kaiser, Artics etc), however did they mention an Era ?

You obviously have the likes of Jesus and the Mary chain and The Smiths from the 80's for example all the way up to Bloc Party in the 08's

oohh

No "era" was mentioned. They are having a band on as well whose set consists mainly of all the favourite "safe" rock covers such as Stuck in the middle with you, Bon Jovi stuff, Brown eyed girl and some more modern safe rock stuff. They have requested that they do not want the evening to be cheesy and want the DJ, (me) to keep the song intros and general chit chat to a minimum. Which is fine by me i can tell you!

I think that maybe the bride and groom perceive themselves as being sophisticated and wish to prove this to their guests in their choice of music and do not want the party to turn into a cheese fest like most other weddings. (Not that there is anything wrong with Cheese Fests!! I love em!!)

Thanks for your reply, i will turn up and do as i am told, easy night for me coming up!!!

Regards,

Bob

All stuck together with the finest DJ glue.

Ladiees an gennelmennn....the buffet is now open.