Dj's United

I am always dumb-founded when I see DJs offering to "beat any quote" - or who say, "I will do it cheaper". Dont sell yourself short. I base my price on my ability - whether I am working for a Judge holding a birthday party in January, or a local swimming club family do in December my price does not differ. I charge a very reasonable price - higher than some - but not as high as others - and offer a first class service (oh how modest!). I have always been against those who will "do it cheaper" - remember, once you have been in the business for a number of years, most of your clients will be booking you through word of mouth - If you give one client a discount then the next will expect one too - they often know how much you charged their mate for their wedding. Granted, not every one will be able to pay my fee - they will want a cheaper option - I am always happy to suggest cheaper alternatives. Once you are established, you dont need to give discounts. The only times my prices vary are when the booking extends after midnight or they want a bigger sound and light show than my usual rig.

I cannot justify hiking my prices in December - this is usually the busiest month and what reason is there for adding and extra 100 to the normal price? As a DJ you can only be in one place at one time - once you accept a booking it is totally unethical to then accept another because it pays more. Remember, if you think it is ok to put your prices up in December when you should be busiest, are you prepared to reduce your fee in January? Your customers will be happy to pay your going rate based on what they know of you - I am very lucky that I have not had to advertise in any way for many years - cards are given to those who request them during gigs and generally they keep them. There are all sorts of customers out there - some may want to shop at Tescos and some at Harrods - you will know your worth and provided that you are working every week then you know you are charging the right price.

Dont sell yourself short!

WE LOVE KAREN, AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE HER BACK !!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx