Dj's United

Carlsbro Gamma Problems Schematic

Hello

I have a pair of carlsbro gamma 15" active speakers, one has been louder than the other since buying them on ebay but i didn't mind this, but last night i was doing a 40th wedding anniversery and one was perfectly good and the other only seemed to produce highs out the tweeter only a small amount of lows and mids, untill i played with the eq on it (all flat to begin with).

Any ideas on what could be wrong? It definitely not my mixer.

Is there a place where I could get the schematic?

Hello

I have a pair of carlsbro gamma 15" active speakers, one has been louder than the other since buying them on ebay but i didn't mind this, but last night i was doing a 40th wedding anniversery and one was perfectly good and the other only seemed to produce highs out the tweeter only a small amount of lows and mids, untill i played with the eq on it (all flat to begin with).

Any ideas on what could be wrong? It definitely not my mixer.

Is there a place where I could get the schematic?

Give all the turny-controls a good turn back and forth a few times. Could be just dirty pots that could do with a bit of a clean?

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Are you saying that now you've played with the EQ, its working properly? Or you have to adjust the EQ to get it to work like the other one?

No it still does not work properly just makes the problem less obvious.

I know what you mean you probably think my knobs are out of place maybe half way when there meant to be on zero, there definitely something going wrong inside.

Edited by Llyr Roberts
you probably think my knobs are out of place

No, I was trying to ascertain if the fault was cleared by you twiddling with the pots, or whether you were simply masking the problem and it's still there..which you say that it is.

Did you buy the speakers new?

Edited by superstardeejay

No, I was trying to ascertain if the fault was cleared by you twiddling with the pots, or whether you were simply masking the problem and it's still there..which you say that it is.

Did you buy the speakers new?

no second hand, yeah just masking the problem.

I suppose you could swap the amp modules to rule out a driver problem, have you checked they have the same (and correct) drivers in each? I see some right bodge jobs sold as working units appear on auction sites.

I'm not sure about the gammas but some of those moulded powered speakers use a type of power output IC that runs in bridge mode. They use 1 IC for the horn and then either 1,2 or 3 together for the woofer. I suppose one of those might be faulty!? But this is just a guess.

I've had the gammas - I had 12 top and 15 subs - thought they were great speakers until the subs quite literally shook themselves into disrepair. That was an exspensive repair bill and put me off active subs.

There are some quite good resources online with plans that I found when i was looking. At the end of the day even swapping the POTS required soldering (mine is acceptable but far from good) so i just sent them away for repair.

• 4 months later...

I've had the gammas - I had 12 top and 15 subs - thought they were great speakers until the subs quite literally shook themselves into disrepair. That was an exspensive repair bill and put me off active subs.

There are some quite good resources online with plans that I found when i was looking. At the end of the day even swapping the POTS required soldering (mine is acceptable but far from good) so i just sent them away for repair.

Could you by any chance give a link of the plans I've been looking for ages but can't find anything.