Dj's United

Peavey Pro-sub P Mkii Messenger Series Active

anyone got one, what are they like?http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_pro_sub_p_mkii_messenger_serie.htm

Good Rockin Daddy (Chris)

www.swingcats.co.uk

Music to dance to from 1930's to NOW! Shake your rude box.

Yeovil Somerset 0845 094 3757

anyone got one, what are they like?http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_pro_sub_p_mkii_messenger_serie.htm

i have the MK1 pro-subs in passive, they are basically the same as the mkii but different colour afaik.

they are very good subs - have a nice tight punch, although the carpet wears out on them easily and the design is a little weak.... at the moment one of mine is making a few noises where the handle on one side is shaking loose!

Jack Wilson - Kent Discos

I have the Peavey Pro Sub P mkII - I picked mine up s/h off a singer for 150 notes.

I use it at bigger gigs (100+) normally, and have the x-over set at about 80-100hz (see below)

I use it with a behringer CX2310 and a pair of passive peavey pro 15 mk II passive tops (and power amp). I use the crossover because the Sub doesn't have a high-pass out on it - only a full-signal pass-thru. This is probably my only annoyance!

Its a bit on the heavy/bulky side, but it comes with me quite often cos it helps load the car a bit better (fits much better jigsaw-wise!).

You can see photos of mine in action somewhere (see the facebook link below). Got to put some photos up a bit later on from tonight's gig for the NHS Primary Care Trust :)

I have it set to a fairly low level - about 9 O'clock ont he dial (so not even 1/4 turned up!).

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

What atracted me to them was that the height is (I think) 505mm which is shorted than a lot of subs, and should fit under a standard lower rail on my dj stand, allowing it to hide away so drunks can't sit on it! It is also 27.8 kg which is lighter than most subs. Still debating what to get though.

www.swingcats.co.uk

What atracted me to them was that the height is (I think) 505mm which is shorted than a lot of subs, and should fit under a standard lower rail on my dj stand, allowing it to hide away so drunks can't sit on it! It is also 27.8 kg which is lighter than most subs. Still debating what to get though.

I can't get it under my ultimax, however I have it set to quite a low setting (out of 4 possible heights I have it set to the 2nd lowest (so not the lowest), or 3rd highest :). Mostly because of the mixer flightcase height!

So it ends up sitting next to the deckstand when I need it. Have thought about getting a single pole for it, but not sure if that would look more lop-sided rather than two speakers-on-tripods.. :/

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked one up from a singer who was retiring, £200, one year old and like new!

Edited by Swingcats

www.swingcats.co.uk

Finally picked one up from a singer who was retiring, £200, one year old and like new!

I also picked mine up from a Singer who found he didn't really need it, although I paid 50 notes less - as there wasn't anyone else bidding on the auction!

As per yours, was in pretty much new condition, even had the manual for it too.. :)

Let us know what you think about it after using it at a gig!

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

HI David

Used the Peavey sub last night, in fact did a gig without it on Friday and one with it on Saturday, Takes a bit of getting used to

It fitted nicey under the rig in the centre and I too had it at 9pm on the level setting.

Don't really understnd the crossover dial and the manual is no help at all. It seemed to work fully around at 180hz

My new JBL Eon 515's are very nice and have a cut setting for using with the sub. SO LIGHT only 14.3kg. and the guys are right not as harsh a sound as the Mackies. :pro:

www.swingcats.co.uk