Dj's United

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried this before, just a couple of drops to a full tank is enough.

Although I haven't used a fog machine in years (I moved onto haze), in my experience you will inevitably get people complaining that they hate strawberry/whatever scent you added and they are getting headaches....

It's a nice idea and some people will love it but the complaints outweighed any novelty factor in my opinion.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

Fragrance Oils (Not essential oils!) are pretty much the same thing, and are basically all of the active ingredient that fog additive contains, but are generally cheaper and give you a little more variety in terms of flavouring. Since they are often used for aromatherapy burners and oil lamps they will easily withstand the high temperature of the heating element and will vapourise without clogging anything.

Its pretty potent stuff, and one to two drops will be enough for the 1/2 to 1 litre tank used by most foggers, and 4 table spoons of the stuff will flavour the entire 5 litre smoke fluid container.

Lots for sale on Ebay, and buy from the U.S for an even greater range of fragrances.

Unfortunately 9 out of 10 venues in my area routinely block smoke machine use due to smoke detectors, so I miss my little chemistry experiments.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

• 2 weeks later...