Dj's United

Hi, does anybody know of a download to convert MPEG 4 tracks into XML. I have just downloaded a trial of PCDJ Red but they seem to need XML format and I don''t really want to have to rip cds to the computer again when I already have them all on there in a different format (courtesy of iTunes). Thanks

Hi, does anybody know of a download to convert MPEG 4 tracks into XML. I have just downloaded a trial of PCDJ Red but they seem to need XML format and I don''t really want to have to rip cds to the computer again when I already have them all on there in a different format (courtesy of iTunes). Thanks

Hi again, I have been trying to work out what I am doing wrong all afternoon. I tried ripping the cds but that didn't work. I looked on the supports ection on the website and I downloaded a patch so now I can rip cds. However I can't seem to get any music into folders in the program so that I can play it! I have tried right clicking on the empty folders on the bottom left hand side and clicking on ' Import XML WL/SubGroup' I find the folders with all my music in but when I open them there appears to be no music inside. There definitely is however as I have checked. I don't know if it is the format MPEG 4 but I have ripped tracks just in MP3 and WAV format and I still can't find them in this way! :damn:

I don't know what I am doing wrong but if any PCDJ users could help then that would be very much appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, I have been trying to work out what I am doing wrong all afternoon. I tried ripping the cds but that didn't work. I looked on the supports ection on the website and I downloaded a patch so now I can rip cds. However I can't seem to get any music into folders in the program so that I can play it! I have tried right clicking on the empty folders on the bottom left hand side and clicking on ' Import XML WL/SubGroup' I find the folders with all my music in but when I open them there appears to be no music inside. There definitely is however as I have checked. I don't know if it is the format MPEG 4 but I have ripped tracks just in MP3 and WAV format and I still can't find them in this way! :damn:

I don't know what I am doing wrong but if any PCDJ users could help then that would be very much appreciated. Thanks

ok from the beginning, download a copy of audiograbber (its free) and it does a far better job of ripping cds than pcdj.

when you have some music in a folder (called music or whatever you want to call it) you then have to right click in the left hand pane at the bottom of the pcdj window

one of the options will be to monitor a folder and when you left click on this you can then select the folder you have stored your music in. pcdj will then show your music folder in the same pane and when you click on it your music files should display in the right hand pane for you to scroll and play from. if you need any more info pm me