Dj's United

What would you do to increase work?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Say you haven't much work and you'd like to increase...what steps would you take to increase your workload?

Would you buy new disco equipment, introduce or increase / change advertising, network with other DJs or something else?

All of the above

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

KERCHING!

That answer should've earned me ££££'s :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep 'em coming Andy! :drool: :bouncy:

Can't see that buying new equipment would help especially if you have two or three rigs lying idle as it is.

I would network with other DJ's as much as I always have.

Introduce or increase / change advertising would be the one for me. Work doesn't come to you on a plate, you have to go out and get it. Even if it meant knocking on venue doors! I would advertise in places I haven't advertised before. Identify my target market and find out what resources there are to let my target market know I am here, ready and waiting for their call.

Can't see that buying new equipment would help especially if you have two or three rigs lying idle as it is.

Those with just one disco rig and no foreseeable work - I agree.

I would network with other DJ's as much as I always have.

Introduce or increase / change advertising would be the one for me. Work doesn't come to you on a plate, you have to go out and get it. Even if it meant knocking on venue doors! I would advertise in places I haven't advertised before. Identify my target market and find out what resources there are to let my target market know I am here, ready and waiting for their call.

I agree.

I'd read a book called 'is the American dream killing you' by Paul Stiles. Its an eye opener :Thumbup:

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Not always true, you may have kitted yourself up for kids discos but now want to go for the 18th 21st party market, very different kit is required. Maybe you now feel experienced enough to pitch for the 5* wedding market and need to upgrade your presentation ie S&H booth. You could decide to introduce venue lighting to your repertoire, every man and his dog seem to be doing that at the moment, or perhaps a chocolate fountain, I've recently bought a small one of these to dry hire into the kids party market, one more hire and it will be paid for.

Edited by disco4hire

New Site Clouds Disco