Dj's United

Re: Wiring Bass Bins Up Ohms :d

Ok so i have a pair of

Warrior PSR 15's Passive, 8 OHM 350 W RMS

They sound nice to me and im happy with the sound and quality, I wanted to add a bottom of bottom end for larger rooms,

So i purchased some class d bins

again 8OHM 350W RMS

Know im confused here

If i go into bass bins first and out upto the tops in my eyes should be a 4ohm load, Class d tell me its 8ohm why is this ?

And if i want 4 ohms go into the tops first, And down to the bins, If i wana get more power out the amp

because the bass bins have a crossover in them

Basically you put 8 ohms into the bass speaker, the bass speaker does the bass bits at 8 ohms and passes on the mid/high at 8 ohms

so your tops will only be running mid high, which is not that amazing considering you have 15" top cabs

so go into the tops first full range and then into the bass

More accurately, the bass cabinets will have a two-way crossover in them thus splitting the signal using an IN and an OUT socket appropriately wired to the crossover.

Bass bins so equipped have their crossovers voiced really to match their own top cabs (mid highs) and may not necessarily give the best performance if coupled to another make of top cab; though it wont harm to try.

Yeah i see what you mean, I personaly the the thumping bass you can acheive with an active crossover, Which i have so will try bi amping them,

I havent as yet tried them at a gig just in the lockup so that isnt realy a gud demo to be honest, Will try at weekend and report back