Dj's United

Prs Announces 'amazed' The Most Popular Song At Uk Weddings

Lonestar's single 'Amazed' has been named the most popular song at UK weddings.

According to a survey by PRS for Music, the organisation that collects and pays royalties, the track came first in a poll of most requested 'first dance' songs.

Aerosmith's 'I Don't Want To Miss A Thing' was voted second most popular, while Shania Twain's 'From This Moment On' was third.

Bryan Adams' 'Everything I Do (I Do It For You)', which spent sixteen consecutive weeks at number one in 1991, was voted fourth most popular song and Take That's 'Rule The World' came in fifth place.

"The song at the first dance tends to make weddings more memorable and extra special. It is a testament to the power and universality of music that it always accompanies the big events in our lives and gives them extra meaning," PRS for Music chairman Ellis Rich said.

Lonestar, who hail from Nashville, Tennessee, reached number 21 with 'Amazed' in April 2000.

Its certainly very popular but I'm not sure if I would say its my most requested first dance song.

The week-end just gone I had 3 Weddings and they were...So in love with you / Al Green, Close / Westlife & Unbreakable / Westlife. Next week-end they are to be...Iris / Goo Goo Dolls, Madness / Must be Love & a Cold Play track that its name escapes me at the moment.

Just had an email in for 31 October and that's Rule the World. TBH I honestly don't think I have ever had that as first dance but I have been aske to finish with it before now.

Aerosmith was without a doubt the most popular for me last year but it has dropped off a bit this year.

Not been asked for Bryan Adams for ages and From this moment is only moderately popular for me but I think the intro puts them off a bit.

Earlier this year Amazed seemed to be every other 1st dance.

I don't think I have had it requested for about 3 months though.

I've had Ben and Earth Song in the last few weeks, hardly a surprise there.

The other week I had Boyzone Better which was a new one for me.

Jim

Chasing Cars seems to be the most popular 1st dance at the moment for me 5 times in in the last 12 weddings and that includes some 40+ bride and grooms.

Haven't played Amazed this year.

Educating the young in the ways of the old

I have been asked for chasing cars a few times but don't particularly like playing it as when my Sister died suddenly a couple of years ago it was played at her funerel as it was her favourite song.

Got Lionel Richie Stuck on you coming up soon too.

I'll generally play whatever the client wants for their first dance. Not been asked for the Casper Slide yet but have been asked to play Saturday Night, Whigfield for a couples first dance! Great fun!

Surprised that nothing from Dirty Dancing was mentioned as 'She's Like The Wind' and 'Time of My Life' have been first dances for a number of weddings over the years.

Had to do a mix recently starting off with It Must be Love and then going into all sorts of daft things like You ready for this, Umpa Lumpa song, Twist again, You're the one that I want and so on and then back to It must be love to finish. The couple had been practicing a routine for ages un-be-known to everyone else and it did go down well.