Dj's United

Speaker Feedback Via Laptop

Hi guys

need a little bit of help on this one,

i have just purchased some peavey pro 15`s and peavey pro subs, when playing cd`s i get no problems what so ever.

BUT....... when i go over on to laptop the sound seems to be a lot lower and when i turn it up i tend to get some feed back through the speakers, this will go if i just tweek the volume down a bit and raise it again.

i have tried various things like turning volume down on laptop and up on mixing desk, i did not have this problem before when i was running 4 x 500w class d speakers.

its bugging me,

any help/advise would be great.

cheers

Haydn :(

As you may know search engines (particularly Google) rank sites higher if they have other sites linking to them.

It sounds like you've left the laptop onboard mic on. You need to go into sound mixer and turn it off.

Also turn down all other line levels / midi / etc. Other than Wave device (in XP), or whatever the equivalent is in Vista. Also turn off all windows sounds. Nowt worse than a massive DING when you've done "something wrong".

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

cheers guys,

thought this may be the problem, will have to get my son to do it for me, im bound to turn something off i shouldnt.

thanks again

haydn

As you may know search engines (particularly Google) rank sites higher if they have other sites linking to them.

cheers guys,

thought this may be the problem, will have to get my son to do it for me, im bound to turn something off i shouldnt.

thanks again

haydn

I used to get a lot of white noise from my Laptop until I switched to a USB Sound Card. Another way is to disconnect the Earth in the Laptop Power Pack....Maybe of help to someone

Kind Regards

Paul

Scunthorpe

Paul's Karaoke Entertainment

Big Screen Karaoke

We Aim To Please

disconnect the Earth in the Laptop Power Pack

Here we go again!

You must never disconnect any earth conductor of any mains equipment, to do so risks electric shock to anyone using either the laptop or any other equipment connected to it. The earth connection is there because the power supply needs it to gain its approvals.

The problem of white noise caused by a noisy laptop power supply does not cause feedback and is not pertinent to this thread.