Dj's United

While Im choosing equipment, Discs and so forth we still need to consider Karaoke CD-Gs. we have find a mastermix 30 disc box set (199.00).which has 600 tracks.

What we would like to know is it worth buying this or several different smaller sets. we dont have a budget to be able to buy monthly sets or things like that

so just want some opinions from someone else

I'm not recommending this particular vendor but I wanted to give you an idea of how you can buy a big starter pack for a low price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SWEET-GEORGIA-BROWN-...=item56386489be

I bought the almost complete Sweet Georgia Brown back catalogue from a vendor in the US (the one above is almost all of it I think, maybe 200/300 songs short).

The discs are fine and work in the UK no problem. You will have to do some internet searching as they don't come with a publishable playlist so you will either need to copy the song details off the discs or copy and paste playlists from various websites into Excel then do your alpha song/artist sort.

Many are US market songs so won't be requested on the night but they have most of the disco classics and their latest CD's include many of the big chart hitters. The ultimate cost per song (for me it works out at about £0.06), even if 20/30/40 % may never get requested (for example they have one cd dedicated to songs sung on South Park...) is still the lowest I have found in the market.

I've topped up my SGB collection with CDG compilations off Amazon UK. Overlaps,by the way, are almost inevitable as this is a sly way the publisher makes his extra money.

Not being a 100% karaoke DJ, I'm not embarassed telling people that I don't have their track, often coming up with an alternative and so far everyone's been happy.

That's one option for you.

Cheers

Teez

Thanks for the link, had a look, I think thats a better set 1030 songs and 3 dvds as soon as we get our money will check to see what price there at

Thanks again

Mac

Which is better a combined cd/cd-g player or seperate Karaoke player? have been thinking which is the best way to go most systems we are being quoted for come back as combined yet some quotes skip the karaoke aspect altogether.

which brought me to the thought a seperate Karaoke player, then looking for the equipment I find a dvd/cd-g player and as we have some large screen tvs at our club should we consider karaoke dvds as well

the choices that are available to us are numerous and its a mind bending experience choosing equipment and spending other peoples money but looking through sites and catalogues I understand when you say you could spend a fortune

we are already looking at equipment that could make the hall a better place for all users and we will be sending an email to the town council explaining things that they should be doing for the community

thanks for the help

mac