Dj's United

Dmx Controller Help & Advise Required

Hi People....

It's been a while, (Posting), but always reading

I need some help..

DMX Controller.. Can to control them to a specific area on the floor... ie. I had a gig and a couple of kids were playing (Drum & Guitar Set), they asked if I could direct my lighting (ie spot) on the them, I could'nt

I was wondering if I purchased a DMX Controller (Acme DMX Operator Mk 2 - DMX Master) could I play with the Joystick thingy) and direct the lights to a cettain spot and leave them there.

My current Lighting set-up are 4 x Acme 250w Dynarocks & 4 x Acme 100w Dynamo Scanners, I am also looking to add 2 x American DJ X-Move PLUS LED Moving Head

Thanks in advance

Jay

SKYDJ

Music Entertainment covering London & within the M25 Areas

English & Asian Events catered for

www.skydj.co.uk

Hi Jay,

I've found that I'm rarely using my DMX controller - mainly as its pretty difficult to use. Its main use is to give slow white lights for a 1st dance.

Different lights have different channel assignments. For instance, your Acme Dynarocks will probably have similar assignments to the Dynamos.

The ADJ Head will have a different layout.

You will be able to use the DMX Operator Mk 2 to move the Heads with the joystick. Getting to know the controller will take time (I'm lazy!).

With the amount of kit you're getting I'm suggest looking at something a bit better as a controller.

A PC based controller may help (DMX>USB) if you fancy dragging a laptop around or simply a better version of what you're considering.

There should be an override button on there, providing you've set-up the joystick to control the pan and tilt, then this will allow manual control of the mirrors or heads whilst the other parts of the program continue on their own.

It's all in the manual!