Dj's United

Seda Shownight And Agm Sunday 21st March 2010

SEDA ShowNight and AGM Sunday 21st March 2010

How did this come around so quickly???,

I can’t believe that it’s a year since I took the Chairmanship with SEDA, but it is, and we have a huge ShowNight to celebrate!!!

SEDA ShowNights are Bi-Monthly physical meetings primarily for members but also open to visitors (at no charge), offering the opportunity to see new kit, meet and network with colleagues, suppliers and other related businesses and individuals and also generally discuss our industry.

All are very welcome, so if you've ever wondered what goes on please feel free to come along. Also if you came along a few years ago and weren't too keen, come and see us again, things change.

Here’s the line-up

Exhibitors

Denon - Keeping us up to date with all things Denon

R.N.I.D. – Helping us to protect our hearing

SpeakerPlans – Bringing a different approach to Sound for your System

PCDJ – The first public outing for the much anticipated 00VJ

Deckstand Booth – Featuring the Micro Deckstand Booth

Matrix Amps – Great power at affordable prices

Microphome – You’ve heard about this product – come and see it

Featured Retailer

CRS1 – By my personal request Clive will be featuring the K- Series Speakers along all the other goodies that we have come to expect from our featured retailer

Regular Features

Members Show – Paul Bouzan

Second-Hand Table

The Essential Selection

SEDAshop

The Famous SEDA Raffle

Other Features

SEDA – AGM

Barney Grossman – Report on Mobile Beat Las Vegas

R.N.I.D. – Cheque Presentation

Please come along if you can, and remember to bring some business cards as the ShowNights are excellent networking opportunities.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you there,

Paul Forsyth

SEDA - Chairman / Events

Details of the ShowNight

Date Sunday 21st March 2010

Times Doors open 19.30

Finish 22.30 - 23.00

Venue The Village Hotel

Castle View, Forstal Road, Sandling, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 3AQ. Just off the M20 J6.

DO NOT USE THE ABOVE POSTCODE FOR SAT NAV - IT WILL TAKE YOU MILES AWAY!!!

Satellite Navigation:

For programming satellite navigations systems please use postcode ME14 3AS.

I think that covers most of it.

If there's anything else you need to know, please give me a shout.

R.O.A.R.

Unfortunately we do (very rarely) get serial visitors who claim they see no value in joining but would like to attend the ShowNights. We feel that the ShowNights are one of our members favourite benefits and therefore as a general rule would expect someone that wanted to attend on a regular basis to join the association.(As a guide we would not expect a visitor to attend more than 2 ShowNights)

Paul Forsyth

The DJ formally known as Vinnie

Just wondering, is there anything similar to SEDA, that covers the East & West Midlands and the North )Yorkshire, etc)??????

Cheers,

Wayne

I assume you mean the show-nights? NADJ don't appear to have this on a regular basis, but I guess there is no reason why members could not arrange something themselves.

I'm not a member of either, but can see the attraction of a semi-regular meet up.

The issue Wayne is finding someone who is prepared to volunteer to organise it.

They would neef to organise for the Midlands/North and then be tough enough to stick it out over the first 3/4 meetings where everyone will say they will turn up and then maybe a quarter or even less actully do.

Once the organiser has passed that pain threshold then a similar group in the Midlands/North would be a success.

HTFR in Birmingham have occasional guest suppliers do demo days/evenings for DJ's maybe it needs some commercial backing to get it off the ground.

http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/fool/sc_7270.gif

Looked at the NADJ site to see their options. Personally, don't think it warrants a £50 membership payment for what they offer. Looks like I will stick to gaining information from on here, and other sources, which are, at the end of the day, just as good, but without a membership fee.

Thanks All.

Wayne