Dj's United

I run all my music through 'mixed in key', then i can sort my mix lists by key & bpm if i so wish... can have good effect in that if the key is correct on both tracks (coz sometimes the software gets it wrong), you can essentially run two tracks side by side without sounding harsh - obviously you still need match bpm and all that!

Quite good for remixing too, say using the vocals from one track while using the b-line of another!

I woudlnt say its revolutionised my mixing but has made me think a lot more about how i put my sets together and where/how i make the transition.

Harmonic mixing using the circle of fifths or the camelot system apparently lifts your sets energy if used correctly... but then i could say that this is all apart of djing and that we as pro's should understand when & where to drop a particular track to lift the night!

I think its one of those personal choices if you use it or not, and maybe what style of djing you do... I would typically say this is more geared to nightclub dj's than the talk a lot mobile dj (and thats not an insult to mobile djs btw)!

It may do wonders for you but then it may not... Certainly worth a try tho!

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk

thanks for that,

was just an idea after looking at another web site.

thought id give it a go lol

Im a mobile dj (dont talk a lot :D lol)

to be honest I dont think the punters would even know the difference :(

But its always good to improve yourself

lol i mobile dj too... i think the mobile dj has more opportunity to talk between tracks so the need to harmonically mix isnt really called for.

if you do beat mix tracks its certainly worth a punt... check out my podcast http://clubzero.podomatic.com ive used harmonic mixing for a few of the tracks... compare this with some of the older podcasts on there where ive not used harmonic mixing - see if you can tell the difference... it is hard!

*Mods delete the link if its not allowed!

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk