Dj's United

hey guys,

i posted a threat on here several years ago and it comes up when i search for the venue. I wondered if there is a way i can delete the post and therefore delete the threat from google.

Thanks

Threat or a Thread?.

If you mean thread, then as per the T&C's we don't make a practice of deleting threads on a whim, more so the ones that have been around for ages as it can interfere with the structure of the forum, also any links from other threads and any RSS feed carriers will return 404 errors which can, in turn, be detrimental to our ranking.

Any thread or post deletions by Admin and Moderators are each based on their own merits - whether they comply with the T&C's and the strength and validity of any third party complaint arising from them.

Besides, if I were to delete every thread where somebody had second thoughts or regrets about what they had typed, i'd never get any time for a social life......or to run a business.

Users are always reminded that when they submit a post to any forum, they are also voluntarily submitting their thoughts and opinions into the public domain and therefore they should act in a responsible, professional manner towards others when using the forums,. Thread titles can be spidered quickly and also rank highly, and this is something that i've been instrumental in reminding members about for months, to excercise diligence, especially where client related comments are concerned, and your request also highlights this somewhat.

Unfortunately, there is no quick fix to your situation, because once spidered, material can remain in Google's Cache for some time afterwards - as long as several months after the original page was deleted. So even if we did delete the thread, its likely that it could still be read by clicking the 'cache' link under the google result, for some time afterwards.

Provided the thread / post you made was accurate and not defamatory, then you have nothing to fear, from anything you posted. DJ's can also have opinions of venues, and sometimes they can be helpful to a client, as we often see the raw side that they don't. Besides, if the material was posted several years ago, then the chances are that its already been found and read by everybody with an interest by now.

However if you have a GENUINE reason for wanting the thread deleted, then you can contact me by PM with the reasons and a link to the thread in question. In some circumstances there can be some discretion levied, however my point relating to Google keeping a 'copy' of the full post in its Cache and keeping the same rank, is sadly beyond my control and I have no idea for how long this will remain, even if the thread source was deleted here.