Dj's United

£350 in my pocket, what should I spend it on?

QUOTE (jackcu @ Jun 13 2005, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (Gary @ Jun 13 2005, 10:49 AM)
Hmmm,  sounds like you need another DN-X1500 demo Brian...

looks like a nice piece of kit - I doubt I'd ever use the fancy features though.

Which ones? http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/533.gif

Theres a DJU Review of the DN-X1500 here.

Edited by Gary

I looked at the videos on the website - all the fancy filtering for one. I figure the dance tracks I play have got all of that stuff on them to start with, so no need for me to add to it. Also the echo and other effects - I don't even muck about with the EQ while I'm playing, so changing the sound to that extent isn't necessary for me.

Cheers,

Jack.

I suppose its true for many items, they have more features on them than most people would use, but if you gave 10 different people the same item, all its features would be used - just like that tool in a penknife for getting stones out of horses hoofs would only be used by those equestrians who ride near stoney paths..., the same equestrian however may not find any use for the tool on the same penknife, which removes fish hooks from fishes... The same idea works for mobile phones too, eg: not everyone would use WAP, or the Insert Picture into SMS option etc - some will, some wont.

With the DN-X1500 there were a few features which I didn't think that I'd use to begin with, but now I'm using almost all of them - though certainly not all on the same night.

The ability to switch the EQ on, or off with a single on-off button was one such feature, but now its a great way of running a track on "flat eq" with the EQ switch OFF, but with the Bass, Mid and Treble controls set exactly how I want them, ready for part of the track thats coming up - bringing in the eq instantly, without having to adjust 3 knobs is now a single button press.

Similarly, I didn't think I'd use the DN-X1500's Echo feature, which also offers Echo Looping. But, since the looping links itself to the tracks BPM (either automatically of by you tapping the bpm manually for a few seconds), you can use Echo loop to loop ANY source, even vinyl turntables - ideal for the rare occasion when I want to mix vinyl to vinyl using only one vinyl deck - the looping covers the record swapping time/task.

Remember too that thanks to the USB port, more free effects can be issued by Denon for download from their website, into the mixer in the future.