Dj's United

dmx controller -fog machine lead

Does anyone know how to connect the 5 pin din socket on the back of stairville dmx master1/ chauvet dmx-50 controller,to the iec remote socket on my smoke machine?

Is there a converter cable available as would like to use the fog button facility on the controller..

cheers

Rob.

Yes, me too.... but I get the feeling it isnt as easy as it sounds....

Come on Technical People.

Help us out!!

DJ Dale King

When you see light at the end of the tunnel, beware. It's probably someone with a torch, bringing you more hassle

If you're smoke machine has the IEC socket then it's a 'mains' remote where the button and 'ready' neon are at 240V mains.

If the desk has an XLR connection then it's almost certainly for 'low voltage' remotes for machines like the Antari Z1000 and Jem / Martin ZR range.

Botex who make these desks used to fit IEC sockets to the fog section (for the mains remotes) but I would say this contravenes the CE approval for safe low voltage appliances (as the desk has a DC mains wall adapter) and therefore has now been modified.

No these desks do not use DMX for the smoke output. It is a dedicated section in the top left section of the desk with seperate connector to take the place of the remote supplied with a non dmx smoke machine.

Any DMX smoke machine of course can be incorporated into the main DMX chain.