Dj's United

I've heard it all now...

The fact that most people lose their ability to hear high frequencies once they're past 25, is being utilised in a number of ways, according to this BBC article

An anti-yobbo/asbo device, a mobile ring-tone which adults cant hear, and even a dance track which sounds different depending on your age (although, thinking about it, maybe all of them do...thats a whole new thread in itself about why certain ages request certain tracks)

Edited by Gary

I saw the box on a TV report, and it does apparantly work.

After a very short while it becomes really annoying to younger people and they move away.

Oldies like me though, can't even hear it. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/014.gif

I remember when I was much much younger, when I was a TV engineer, I used to be able to hear the whistle from the Line Output Transformer and it used to get really annoying when I was working in the workshop.

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

I agree with line output whistles - used to be conscious of that noise at home.

I also used to be able to hear bats.

I used to be able to hear..... http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/sad.gif

Actually, rather than shops having high-pitch generators to stop kids from loitering and making the place look like an advert for Slouth Park...and sounding like a turretts sufferers nightly meeting... why not just install a £100 mobile phone blocker/jammer - the anti-social little hoodies wont stand in a "No Service" area for more than a few seconds, deprived of their precious txt messages and "Yuh? wha yer wan'?" practice... mobile phone coverage is like oxygen to some of them... -

i here these whistles all the time when just switching the tv on or just before my phone rings you know things like that and it does really get on your nerves and sometimes on the odd ocasion it actually is pain full, not much but still..

still learning, still experiencing, still dj,ing

What is the TV line frequency anyhow?

I seen to recall it is just over 17KHz, well within range of the typical teenager or 20 something.

I like the idea of blocking mobile phone signals in certain areas - I suspect they often do this at hospitals to prevent any mobiles which have been left on from logging in - seems like a good idea. Why do these kids need this form of communication?? (I'm old, I know.)

Worst of all is the silly AOL language they use. My daughters use it on MSN, the silly thing being that it is sometimes quicker to type the proper word that their 'abbreviation' of it. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/533.gif

Peer pressure I suppose....

Bring back CB radio!

It's free, and you get to hear real voices!