Dj's United

Hi i have just recently bought a pair of peavey pro 12's for any small gigs i do and i think they are great speakers but when you kick them up to about 200w each i start to get a slight crackling sound which bothers me so much but apart from that they have a great bass great top end and great mid. so if your looking for a small set of speakers/backups then they are just the job. rated at 250w rms into 4ohms they are just the job for any small event.

www.freewebs.com/djs-for-hire

I've got the Pro 15's which I find great, I use them for all my gigs. Alot of the time I use them on their own and for bigger venues I use a 2nd pair of plastic cabs.

A friend that DJ's uses Pro-12's and they did the same. when the beat in the music sounds you would hear a crackle with it, almost as if the beat was hitting something. I just assumed it was his Amp not being a high enough rating.

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

I've got the Pro 15's which I find great, I use them for all my gigs. Alot of the time I use them on their own and for bigger venues I use a 2nd pair of plastic cabs.

A friend that DJ's uses Pro-12's and they did the same. when the beat in the music sounds you would hear a crackle with it, almost as if the beat was hitting something. I just assumed it was his Amp not being a high enough rating.

This could easily be the problem as my warrior da500 is away for repair i am using a soundlab 175+175w amp but while my amp was away i got my peaveys and thats when they made that sound.

www.freewebs.com/djs-for-hire

Could be to much mid , which is causing it to pop. I find that with peavey speakers and a small adjustment on the mid might just help.

stu

Howay the lads

Startrax

www.toon-talk.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...