Dj's United

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup its done well for me. Since December I've spent about £30 and thats generated just under £1k of work.

Alot just don't get back to you though, which I suppose is expected for "cold calling" type leads.. but I get a better coversion than with the 3rd party enquiries on UK Disco.

Certainley opens your eyes to the budgets people have avaliable though, whatever area of the country you're in!

Edited by Danno13

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

The website is fairly self explanatory.

You buy access to the contact informations of people who've enquired about booking DJs and bands. You can sign up for free, to see all the enquiries (minus contact information of course) and then deposity money like a top-up phone, and buy enquiries if you're interested in following them up.

The great thing I find, is that at the enquiry stage, the client specifies a budget - so the people who want a 6 hour disco for no more than £80 (that was a real one!) you can ignore and just pay for the enquiriers that can afford you :D

Edited by Danno13

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

and just pay for the enquiriers that can afford you

I haven't found any of those yet. I have been watching the site for some time, and in January I went for it, £20.00 for whatever it was and £10.00 in the bank for enquiries, so far, no one has come back, and the one's with phone numbers, well, all I can say is, it's a bit like a certain brightly coloured paper based book. Having said that I will plod on for the year to see if anything interesting comes of it.

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

I have now been using it for a couple of weeks, seems to be ok but as others have said you do get a few that say they will get back to you and then dont.

Bit early to say whether it will generate much work, but Im certainly going to keep it going.

Still using my £15 credit I had given to me because I put a link to thier site on my webpage.

I have 4 enquiries pending at the moment, so wait and see what happens.

Certainley opens your eyes to the budgets people have avaliable though, whatever area of the country you're in!

Certainly does.........thier are people on their with budgets of £500-£750 for Birthday parties......now I never thought I would see that, but its certainly good to see their are people out thier who are willing to pay the DJ what hes worth.

Edited by NRG Roadshow

Interesting reading guys and thanks for your replies... It seems that only Danno has done well from this so far. Maybe he has a few tips he could share with us...

I am unsure of putting a link to them on my site is this not like adding your compertition to your site??

Nik

Can't think of anything special that I do, I just respond the same way I always have done with the UK Disco 3rd party leads.

Brief introduction about me and the company, a couple of sentances touching on whatever questions/music requests they might have asked for, and then provide a quote and invite them to contact me, should they have any further questions.

I've been using them since November.

I've spent just under £20 on enquiries and up to now have had just over £1,500 of gigs.

I ignore any of the £0 - £150 requests because I don't want them. I mainly go for the £150 - £300 gigs as my prices tend to be around the £250 mark.

I have had a couple of the £300 - £500 gigs too.

Jim

So thats two memebers who have done well out of goodparty.co.uk.......I have high hopes for the future then and it might be worth be chucking some money at it and seeing how it goes.

As for putting a link to them on the site......I don't think thats too much of a problem as I have only put it on temporary to get the £15 credit, once I have used the credit I will remove the link.

I have no problem with putting links to other DJs on my site, as long as they dont cover the area that I do, I cant see a problem.

So thats two memebers who have done well out of goodparty.co.uk.......I have high hopes for the future then and it might be worth be chucking some money at it and seeing how it goes.

As for putting a link to them on the site......I don't think thats too much of a problem as I have only put it on temporary to get the £15 credit, once I have used the credit I will remove the link.

I have no problem with putting links to other DJs on my site, as long as they dont cover the area that I do, I cant see a problem.

Folks

I have used good party to great effect so far !!!

I have put a link on my website as well and so far have had 2 credits from them for doing so !!!

I was cheeky and just asked again !!!!

:rolleyes:

Richard Cheeseman

RJC Discos

richard@rjcdiscos.co.uk

• 1 month later...

i registered a few weeks ago at www.goodparty.co.uk. at first i was a bit dubious. but pretty soon i got sent gig enquiries in the area i requested.

well lo and behold i replied to a few sent details etc and have had now had 2 bookings.

not bad for a 10.00 investment.

i registered a few weeks ago at www.goodparty.co.uk. at first i was a bit dubious. but pretty soon i got sent gig enquiries in the area i requested.

well lo and behold i replied to a few sent details etc and have had now had 2 bookings.

not bad for a 10.00 investment.

Yes I have used www.goodparty.co.uk also Wendy I think you need to include the web addy as you have done to qualify for what is offered in the email lol...

Nik

Edited by UKHero

Just signed up to goodparty.co.uk now and can see that there are some gigs in my area already. So what i want to know is how do you get free credits that your all talking about?!

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

Just signed up to goodparty.co.uk now and can see that there are some gigs in my area already. So what i want to know is how do you get free credits that your all talking about?!

:dan+ju: Its a secret :dan+ju:

Cant tell or everyone will do it and then that means more competition lol..

You should get an email in the next few days telling you...

Nik

:dan+ju: Its a secret :dan+ju:

Cant tell or everyone will do it and then that means more competition lol..

You should get an email in the next few days telling you...

Nik

lol I have spoken to them and will be getting at least 30 credits tonight.

P.s. I think by the looks of it everyone is doing it!!!!

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

When they send you an enquiry it normally has this at the bottom of the box :-

Put a Goodparty.co.uk link on your homepage and get £15 added to your account. The page has to be related to music, intertainment or events. Just send the link to us and we will credit your account.

Jim

BTW Jenx, it has a moneytory value (£15), you can get 30 50p enquiries (0-£150) for that though.

When they send you an enquiry it normally has this at the bottom of the box :-

Jim

BTW Jenx, it has a moneytory value (£15), you can get 30 50p enquiries (0-£150) for that though.

aaahhhh i see. It all begins to make sense ! lol

Seems a good site though fair play

DJ Jenx

www.JenxDisco.co.uk -

To be honest I have enquired about quite a few on their and have converted very few to actual business.

Once my free credit has gone, I dought I will be topping it up.

The hit rate is not fantastic but if you land say one gig in 10 then thats pretty good for a small outlay I think.

I do worry some are other DJs and some have been filled but not removed from the site. So other entertainers are paying to get details of a gig that is already booked. I know that the people at good party have seen this thread as I have now got my £15 credit.

They ought to tell us a little about themselves and how the system works or even just to say hello lol....

Mind you I guess they would not give a return link :dan+ju:

Nik

I'm going through a dry spell on this at the moment.. the first three £10 deposits all paid for themselves, but the last couple I haven't had anything from!

It would be good if there was a way you could pay more to get sole rights to the enquiry, i.e. once you've bought it, no-one else can buy it as well.. perhaps thats worth a suggestion.