Dj's United

Does anyone know where i can get the MP3 CD from with every chart hit from 1952, Ive heard its floating around the internet but calnt seem to fined it at the moment!!

Thanks, Richard

Chalet to let - PM me for details!! see here: www.freewebs.com/eastchalet

Does anyone know where i can get the MP3 CD from with every chart hit from 1952, Ive heard its floating around the internet but calnt seem to fined it at the moment!!

Thanks, Richard

I only want legal responses to this question please

That would cost a fortune, every hit in the Top 40 from every week.

Working it out

40 hits per week, say 25 are new on average every week, the rest are still in the charts

So 25 hits per week equates to 100 hits per month

100 x 12 = 1200 hits per year

1952 to 2008 is 56 years

56 x 1200 = 67200 hits

Who would want to legally buy that amount of songs, even at 10p each that would cost £6720.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

ther only legal reply can be it dont exsist mate. Using turms like floating around the internet says to me that your after a pirated copy and pro DJs dont deal in this junk

Just my 2p worth

Nik

Just for the sake of argument, even if such a product did exist, there would be many regularly used tracks which wouldn't appear on there, as they never charted. Buy the tracks you can use is my advice.

And I agree with the rest - this cannot be legal so don't even consider it. The quality would be guaranteed rubbish too, if you needed another reason.

OK some rough figures.

Looking at the Guinness Book of Hit Singles.

On average there are about 60 entries per page, there is also a timeline for the number 1s on the bottom of each page which covers 4 weeks, so aprox 15 new singles per week.

56 years x 52 weeks = 2912

2912 weeks x 15 singles = 43,680 singles

For poor quality 128k files it works out at roughly 1MB per minute.

Now lets say they are all 3 minutes long and are at 128k, that meens 3MB per track.

43,680 tracks x 3 MB = 131,040 MB or about 130GB

130GB is about 185 CDs or 28 DVDs.

If I had to build a collection from scratch I would be looking at getting all the Nows from eBay, most of them can be picked up dirt cheap, the first 20 or so are only available cheap on vinyl so you would have to rip them to MP3.

That would give you a pretty reasonable starting collection for ~ £150

There are also loads of "I Love the 70s" and "The Greatest R&R / Swing / Rock etc" type Cds for everything else.

By going the CD route you can then rip them at a decent quality (PDL needed) to MP£.

Jim

Edited by JimBoylan

Close the thread then because there isn't one.

I don't think the OP meant every hit or every release, I think he meant every Number 1. And that does exist as I've seen it. It's about 3gb.

[Ab-con edit]

19) The offering, advertising, uploading or selling of illegal material (including MP3 or pirated material) or promoting the methods or places of obtaining such material is prohibited.

Just because you know where this is available, doesn't mean that you can promote it here

Edited by Abuse Controller
Close the thread then because there isn't one

More than happy to

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'