Dj's United

Which new cd/mp3 player

My present twin cd player is showing signs of rigour mortis(?);after 8 years loyal service so its time to think about spending some cash.

I have just read the reviews; by Gary(and very good they were too);on the Gemini MP3000 and the Denon D9000.The Denon D9000 is too expensive for me so I fancy the cheaper D4000;which also plays MP3's

The trouble is I cant make my mind up which one I prefer.

Anyone care to give me the benefit of there experience with either one or the other.

This is not a rehearsal

This is it - grab it while you can.

Did you know that the RRP price of the Denon DN-D9000 came down just before Plasa 2003?... Check with Chris on his current price for it. The ability to play/mix two tracks off of the same CD into different channels of your mixer, is a life-saver with compilation CD's. Effectively its 4 CD-decks.

Between the Gemini MP3000x and the DN-D4000....hmm tricky...The only really useful difference is that the DN-D4000 has MP3 search and "cue it up" feature, (called Next Track Reserve), which allows you to search the inserted MP3 CD fully, either my artist name, track title, or plain old track number (eg: Track 235 etc).

This search can be performed even while another track off of the same CD is playing. Once you've decided what track to play from that CD, you can hit "Next Track" and that selected track will start instantly (but not mix one track over the other).

However, I would agree on anyone that says that the Gemini has a more pleasing external finish and dreamy blue display.

I hope that you had a nice hot cup of coffee before sitting down to read the reviews..oh, and have another, really big cup of coffee ready in a couple of weeks time (not a cd deck though)

Love to help trev but i must admit that i am a pioneer man and am happy with that,i havent used the items you metioned.

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Trev,

I tried calling you last night - I own the DN-D9000 - which I think is pretty similar to the 4000 anyway (although Gary can tell me if I am wrong!) - Come round and have a play with it - would take quite a lot of time as the Denon really is nice to use!

Give me a call!!

Theres a few extras which the 9000 can do, which the 4000 cant (and vice versa, when considering MP3s).

However, thats a great display of "forum spirit" with the "come around and play" offer.

However, thats a great display of "forum spirit" with the "come around and play" offer.

Agreed....

I'm still awaiting Karen's offer - "for me to come around and play". http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/221.gif