Dj's United

Hi Everyone!

First of all let me introduce myself, my name is Chris I have been djaying for around 4 years in the failsworth area of manchester. I mainly DJ in young lively pups and clubs.

I have been asked to DJ at my usual venue this friday for a private party but apparently the birthday girl is into punk Music and as it is a private party I am unable to get a playlist. I have been asked to play 2 hours worth!!

Please help!! I am an old skool, new skool DJ, R&B DJ and have no clue where to start!!

I'll assume they don't really want thrash punk , and really traditional stuff mid-late 70's.

Most popular stuff;

Ramones, Stiff little fingers, Sham69.

A good CD is "Teenage Kicks" (Compilation), there is also Teenage Kicks 2, also pretty good, and probably sitting on ebay for a few quid.

They may also appreciate some modern stuff - GreenDay etc, but true modern Punk is probably a bit too mad for most if this is a family party.

Other artists;

Blondie, The Cure, The Dammed, The Clash, Siouxsie and the Banshees, you may even be able to slip in some Nirvana.

They may also be up for a bit of Ska & Two Tone :Thumbup:

The Wikipedia page is pretty good, and gives a decent run-down of the music and background;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punk_rock

100% my type of stuff - would love to do this gig!