Dj's United

Hi folks

Interested to learn how folks use different methods of drumming up business from nout.

Example, looks like I have a leen month in November, now it may very well happen that a couple come in over the next few weeks. However I'd like to be a bit more proactive.

so, how would you go on the hunt for more gigs.

I only bring this up as one or two people have stated pretty clearly on here that if you haven't got a full diary, you ain't that good. It was said in a slightly different tone than that, but it means exactly the same thing. So, either it's just one of those sparse times, or I'm a rubbish DJ http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Darren

Take a listen to Music Matters, the Big Mix Entertainment podcast, featuring music from the Podsafe Music Network.

I'm sure you're not a rubbish DJ at all! I'm probably not the best person to comment but I can give you my take on matters.

Its a fact that the period September to November is usually quiet and from what I can see if I didn't have a club residency I would have little other work coming in.

I can only really recommend being 'on the circuit' as it were, being in touch with as many other DJs and agencies as possible and you find work comes in thick and fast (especially over Summer / Xmas).

If however you're talking about attracting purely your own business through advertising youself then someone else would be more qualified to comment!

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/thanks.gif

Darren you know that there are lean periods in this business and i think that your track record proves you can do the job. I think the bookings will come in a little nearer the time. I have never experienced on here that if you are not fully booked then you are no good and i must admit i was suprised to see you write it but then again perhaps i just aint noticed. Be patient the bookings will come

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Darren - a lean diary doesnt mean you are a bad dj..... Quite often it just means that you are still in the early years of the business. The longer you work the more clients you collect on the way - who do keep your number.....its no reflection on you as a dj..... there are a million ways to drum up business - from cold calling to mass mail outs.... village hall flyering, and communicating with anyone who has anything to do with a venue that has discos. Unfortunately, nothing comes easy in any business...... five years after I had started I guess I wasnt anywhere near as busy as I am now... but keep going.... the longer you stay in the business the more work will actually find you.

WE LOVE KAREN, AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE HER BACK !!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I, too, have a lean November but over September and October I've only got one free night! From my [little] experience I think November has always been a quiet month.

[insert quirky comment]

One free night, in the whole of the two months, or are you just talking Fri/Sats ?

I used to worry about an empty Saturday night, but they come in, and I don't think I have had a Saturday off for years so don't panic.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Just talking about Saturday nights Ads! I used to be a drummer and I found that gigging and rehearsing five or six times a week took the fun and enjoyment out of 'making music'. So I dropped it down to a couple of times a week and I began to enjoy myself again.

With kids, a wife, dogs and a house to look after one night a week DJ'ing is ample for me.

[insert quirky comment]