Dj's United

Funky Passive ABS Speakers

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

I looked at one pair of Funky speakers online and noticed that the sensitivity was 94db

which means they will not make the best of an amp, bearing in mind that a 3db increase in sensitivity will greatly increase it's output and most decent speakers are rated at 97 or higher.

In this instance you certainly do get what you pay for. Check out the latest Soundlab for budget moulded cabs. I think you'll find they're much better specified.

You can get better deals on speakers without resorting to abs cabs as they never quite live up to the sound quality of wooden ones. Have a look at the new behringer Eurolive pro available soon and only £104 from thomann

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

• 4 months later...

The Funky ABS speakers (also known as Dare) are made by Shenzhen Bao Ye Heng Industrial Development Company in China. They are known as the DK series (passive) or MK series (active) by the original maker. They also make cabs for IMG Stageline, DAP Audio, Warrior and others.

http://www.c-mark-pal.net/upload/c_mark_loudspeaker_dk_dk_301_12031053393945728.jpg

The above pic (12in) is from Bao Ye Heng's brochure and carries their in-house badge of C-Mark.

And 15in here::

http://www.c-mark-pal.net/upload/c_mark_loudspeaker_dk_series_dk1502_inter-m-new-range-0661077257395061.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just had a demo of the 15in versions today at a dealers we do repairs for. Their demo room is rather small, they were driven off a Studiomaster 700D at full range. I listened to Sophie Ellis Bextor, Modjo, and Band Aid 2. The dealer uses them as part of their hire stock.

Verdict: Not bad at all!! Certainly worth it if you're on a tight budget or if you need an emergency set just in case. I wouldn't install them in a club for 7-day a week use, but that's just me and I know of several installers who would...

They're certainly not the tat that some people suspect!!

QUOTE (superstardeejay @ May 23 2006, 09:57 PM)
Just had a demo of the 15in versions today at a dealers we do repairs for. Their demo room is rather small, they were driven off a Studiomaster 700D at full range. I listened to Sophie Ellis Bextor, Modjo, and Band Aid 2. The dealer uses them as part of their hire stock.

Verdict: Not bad at all!! Certainly worth it if you're on a tight budget or if you need an emergency set just in case. I wouldn't install them in a club for 7-day a week use, but that's just me and I know of several installers who would...

They're certainly not the tat that some people suspect!!

What would you compare them to?