Dj's United

Interview With Dj Baz A.d.s

Some good advice in answer to question no. you'll have to read the interview to find out. Introducing A.D.S. Entertainments (not to be confused with ADS Entertainments) :wacko:

1. What is your DJU Forum Alias?

dj baz A.D.S

2. What is your Real Name, Age, Location & Marital Status?

Barry Jones 24 birmingham married with 1 little angel n 1 due last week

3. What is the Name of your Disco?

A.D.S ENTERTAINMENTS

4. How long have you been a DJ?

Started as a roadie for my big bro n my dad bout 10yrs ago

5. What inspired you to become a DJ?

My bro shaun legend in his day. left the game now tho (shame)

6. Are you a member of a DJ Association / Union?

Not yet

7. What is your favourite type of function now? (eg: Wedding, 18th Birthday party, etc)

Not got 1 to be honest no matter what function your doing it comes down to joe public in the room they're the people that make any type of function good or bad

8. What’s the worst/most embarrassing thing you've done in front of an audience?

As a roadie me n my mate had to put on headset mics n go n do all the party dances no good for te rep when ya tryin to pull the fit bird in the corner. But sayin that i'll love to do it agian now see if it has the same effect (might try it next weekend)

9. If you could go back to the beginning of your DJ career is there anything that you'd do differently? (eg: The gear that you bought, the way you promoted/advertised yourself)

No i bought a load of old rubbish off my brother but it got me started now i have a v.nice set up so i owe it all to him cos my dad was againist me going on my own at 18 (probably cos he lost his roadie)

10. What do you feel you offer the public that convinces them to book you rather than "the next guy/girl"?

Well ive never advertised up til last week so i dont know ask the people who book me

11. Have you ever bought something for your show that you wish you hadn't? and why?

A martin 812 roboscan off e-bay came looked tatty (nothing like the 1 in the pic) and the mirror was broke. Guess u learn by you mistakes but traded it in for a mixer so didnt come off to bad in the end

12. What's your next DJ purchase likely to be? Mackie swa1801 to match my srm 450s & maybe a pair of moving heads

13. If you could get someone to invent a new piece of disco equipment for your show, what would it be? Not got a clue

14. What was the worst equipment failure suffered during a gig?

A few yrs ago bk in my roadie days my bro went off n left me to it sayin he'll be bk later bout 10 o'clock I had the dance floor rockin to 21 seconds (so solid crew) the version I was playin mid way thou the tune theres b-line then silence does that bout five times but on the 3rd time it stayed silent the dancefloor stopped dancing and every1 just looked at me I didnt have a clue what I had done it turns out I blown my bros amp up (he wernt impressed)

15. What do you think is the best thing about DJ'ing?

Watching the dance floor when its full and working the crowd its wicked they have a few drinks and you turn into god

16. What do you think is the worst thing about DJ'ing?

Aint realy got 1 its the type of thing if u dont love what u are doing 110% then dont do it

17. What would make you stop DJ'ing (if anything)?

Death

18. How do you think DJ'ing will change, in the next 5 years?

Who knows things change so fast these days we dont know whats going to happen next yr let alone in 5yrs

19. Most stupid thing anyone's ever said to you at a gig? Your good (i know) only joking

20. Best advice you were ever given by a fellow DJ?

A friend of mine dj nick has given me loads of advice from equipment to music to get the dancefloor rocking

21. And worst advice you were ever given?

My dad trying to talk me out of starting up on my own

22. How do you keep up to date with music? (eg Promo monthly CDs, Downloads, Purchase from retailer)All the above

23. Name 3 songs that 95% of the time will fill the dance floor for you!Dj casper cha cha slide

Candi staton young hearts run free

Strike u sure do

24. One piece of advice you'd give to someone just starting out.

Sometimes things go wrong and not all nights you can have the crowd eating out of your hand. Dont take it to heart or let it get to you cos the next night might be the best of your life

25. What medium format do you mainly use eg vinyl, CD, hard-drive?

50/50 laptop n cds

26. Have you embraced/adapted any ideas that you've read about on DJU?

I have got loads of advice off here just by reading what u guys have to say

27. What is your best gig ever and your worst?

The last 2 nye's are joint top lea hall legion 350ppl dance floor full all night atmospheres amazing

Cant put my finger on the worst but ive had a couple of dodgy 1s (we all have)

28. What is your main (most successful) form of advertising your disco?

As i said only just (last week) got on yell.com so its always been word of mouth do a lot of work for the lea hall legion (private functions only) so i have to thank the manager there i spose

29. Have you ever had someone try to claim off you? (eg: Public Liability Insurance or other such legal action)

No

30. Add any additional comments which you would like to include here...

I HOPE I DONT SOUND LIKE A PIGHEAD BUT I LOVE DOING WAT I DO

31. What is your average charge for a booking?

£150 birthdays more for weddings

32. How many tracks do you have in your music collection?

bout 20'000