Dj's United

DJ A seems to think that we will be able to buy it at around the same price. If I read the article properly, perhaps as a bulk buy?

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

You can add mine to that list.

Don't worry. Your viewpoint's already in the list; 3

Would the UK customs slap a load of tax on it though if you tried to import it to England ?

Nope, I've bought many hundreds of £s worth of kit from Thomann. As the tax is paid in Germany at point of sale (included in their prices) there is nothing further to pay. EU regulations allow cross border purchase of any item for personal use (including alcohol and tobacco) provided the tax is paid at point of sale. The UK government might not like it, but they are powerless to do ought about it.

Standard practise from any full EU member. I regularly buy bits for my boat from Spain and have them shipped over as it's considerably cheaper than the same thing here.

You could well pay duty on items imported from outside the EU, especially America. Depends on the value of the item, but more importantly who delivers it at this end. If it's Royal Mail, you will pay duty, a handlng charge and also a documentation charge. If it's someone like UPS you might get away with it.

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

maybe those who write the copyright laws should be reminded that a lot of DJ's only earn a tiny percentage of the types of income that those of whom they represent may earn.

Well, to quote "Piracy seriously damages the industry...." from one of those public statements by the industry bigwigs - is completely understandable and common sense which (accepted as a blessing to many) seems to have flown out of the window (actus reas) introducing the Licence.

"The biggest problem to affect the music industry is the organised pirate and the home consumer...."

Yes, distribution of copied media costs the music industry billions but professional Mobile DJs and Club DJs will make no visible impact on the music industry along with those who work in Hospital Radio, Independent Local Radio and National Radio.