Dj's United

Last night, I provided a Disco for my daughters 13th.

For a change, I was mainly in full control... no asking for lights to be switched off/low. I decided when and how to break for food, and how to do the birthday cake thing...lol

Bliss :-)

Kay had a good night. Only 1/2 turned up, so only 30ish, which was a shame.

The downside to the night was being asked to play "riverside" only to select the wrong version :(

I was trying to find another track to swap, but the "naive" kids heard 2 instances of the "bad mother.." line.

I did apologise, and was horrified, in fact - I still am!

I'm normally very very good with ensuring I have radio edits etc, or clearly mark tracks as explicit (which I do not normally buy)

Anyway, all good kids. I don't remember getting the "look of death" for playing any songs, and most of guys danced in the 2nd half.

I brought my LED uplights, still got issues with power cables, so not 100% ready yet. They did provide a good background for the School Hall.

I also used my new DJ booth. I'll provide better pictures and details soon, but this was a semi-custom made thing. Fabricated from alloy box, it has a removable shelf and folds flat (and is very light). It was designed to fit the NJD starcloth. This looks much better than my old LEDJ "cloth", and the stand takes about 30 seconds to errect with the shelf simply locating on some stainless pins.

Carmen took lots of photos, and we'll gather then best to create a photobook (from Photobox) for Kay.

Its interesting, for my 13th (only 10 years ago...lol) my cousin ran a mobile disco and provided a party in my parents house. I rememeber a rather cool "space invaders" lightbox :Thumbup:

I'm now feeling very old though!!!

I am doing my Sons wedding in August.....makes you feel old ? you bet it does :joe: The uplighters look good.

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

I brought my LED uplights, still got issues with power cables, so not 100% ready yet.

I Know what you mean.

Now that i've had mine for a while im cutting off the rather useless euro plug and soldering on an IEC plug, that way i can extend as far as i want with the box full of IEC extension leads that i have.

Nice to be in control for a change!

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

I Know what you mean.

Now that i've had mine for a while im cutting off the rather useless euro plug and soldering on an IEC plug, that way i can extend as far as i want with the box full of IEC extension leads that i have.

I feel am IEC session coming on here too. I'm tempted to get some IEC Y Cables (I currently use the block type splitters).

Last night was using the Euro plug+Adapter into some 2-Way Extension reels - ok for last night, but not suitable for anywhere decent.