Dj's United

Hi,

I have been running it for a month now and thought I would put a review on here. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

This mixer has to be the best mixer I have ever used in my years in this job. It is very well built and looks very proffesional. The faders have a nice smooth feel to them as do the other controls. The cross fader is also very smooth and doesn't have one of those awfull clicks in the middle.

The mixer has 3 mic inputs (1 of which is also channel 4) but I only ever use 2 of them. If you like to have control of treble and bass on each channel you will have a problem here. The mixer only has one treble and one bass control which does both mic 1 and 2. This is not however a problem for me.

Each channel has its own top, mid and bass control and also its on LED level read out which I have found very helpfull when cueing tracks. The mixer also has alot of effects which are great if you are into your beat mixing but I cant see being very helpfull if you only do party. Each fx is channel fixable or can just run of the main channel. You can also cue the fx in your head phones 1st which is something I had not come across before. Another great feature is you can have fader start with the Pioneer Cd player systems.

I would recomend this mixer to anyone into mixing and who wants a good all round mixer that feels strong.

Thanks

Gavin

PS> I will do one on the cd player when I have a minute http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Ive been using one of these mixers for about 6 months and am VERY happy with it,

I have a numark cd player and the fader start work great with this.

I have had trouble with one channel dropping out about a month after having it. It was on the master fader but giving it a wiggle seem to sort it.

I took The fader out and gave it a blow out and put it back in firmly, All ok since.

I like the idea of ALL faders being replacable singly.

I would recommend one of these mixers too

Tim.

I get paid to look stupid!

I have been a Pioneer user for quite a while now - but will admit to having an open mind.

Not everyone will be able to afford the Pioneer gear....yes it is good and Very reliable.

Only a few first hand experiences of glitches have been mentioned on Pioneer gear in the past.....they too can produce a problem!!!!!

The DJM 3000 is very good, combining DJM 600 technology with the 'efx' unit, and then some.

However, it is overpriced.

I like the DJM600 but the DJM500 is the superior model in overall sound quality - and it's cheaper now!!!!

Now if I had the dosh - I'd venture into the Rane Mixer market!!!!!

I only ever use pioneer (but have tried one good denon , Gary ! )

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

• 1 month later...

The main differences between the DJM600 and the 3000 (aside from width) is that the 3000 is only about 3 years old, as opposed to 5~6 years. The 3000 has a few more input connectors, but no sampler.

Rack mount kits should still be available for the DJM600 too.