Dj's United

Acme Dynamo 4 Head Scanner

I am receiving mixed views about a set of laser lights for my first set of DJ lights to start a mobile disco.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A VIDEO OF THESE IN ACTION?

The only problem is that the set I want are really only good in smoke....

Is this not a good deal?

ACME DYNAMO 4 HEAD SCANNER PACKAGE INC CASE & LEADS:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

I just dont know where to start with it all!

.acme dynamos are not lasers.we use dynamos havent got a video of them though.they are excellent starter lights,the patterns they create using the ca8 controller is very good.on the faster cycles they tend to strobea lot but you only have to press the function button and they skip to the next sequence.they are only 100w(very bright for 100w lights )but they do struggle in larger venues.ther is a new 250w version but not seen any reviews of them.a lot of us use them on here and hopefully someone will be close enough to you and let you have a proper demonstration

andy

here's a link to the prolight site there is a video on there but it dont do them justice imo

http://www.prolight.co.uk/item.php?hdnID=506995

Edited by andyw

I agree, not lazers at all, thats a diffrent thing all together

These are moving mirror lights...using 100w lamps

Good starter package as posted above, can look very good on a truss/crossbar....linked together

My advice would be to get the sound right first, then move onto the lighting

If your sound is not sorted, you wont get repeat work.....make sure you sound good, play good stuff, and professional on the mic....better lights can come later

You could (if your sound is not sorted) just go for a cheap set of 2 NJD chaos lights and floor mount them for now (just until you make some dosh??)

Hi DJBJ

as andy stated the acmes are not lasers but are the best lights in their price range used widely by many many djs around the world.

i use the dynatwins which are the same lights but are in pairs instead of single units. most lights are better with smoke but if you cant use a smoke machine have you thought about a haze machine.

below are a couple of videos that were taken on my mobile so the quality is not brilliant.

DYNATWINS (2 LIGHTS ON OUTSIDE OF THE T BAR)(end of video is a tri colour laser)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/MrDJJim/video/th_discolaser.jpg

GREEN F199 40mw LASER

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/MrDJJim/video/th__z0002.jpg

hope these vids give you a good idea of what they are like.

Jim

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Very good!

So the dynamos would look good in the dark with haze...?

The Lazers in the video of Usher-Yeah are awesome!!! - Anyone seen that before... is that do-able on a cheap lazer unit?

Sorry for the questions!

Cheers, Ben

Very good!

So the dynamos would look good in the dark with haze...?

The Lazers in the video of Usher-Yeah are awesome!!! - Anyone seen that before... is that do-able on a cheap lazer unit?

Sorry for the questions!

Cheers, Ben

the dynamos would look good with haze and it cant be seen as its like a mist that shows up the lights.

im lucky as my residency will let me use a smoke machine even after the smoking ban on july 1st.

not seen the video of usher with the lasers. ill look for it tomorrow.

the 2 lasers cost me £260 for the tri and £180 for the green but they have come down in price since i got them.

dont get ripped off by the cheepies on ebay from china. buy british and then you can get them repaired if they ever go wrong.

jim

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

heres a closeup of the double headed version of the dynamo's

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/MrDJJim/Mr%20DJs/1556.jpg

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

The link you posted first was on ebay and never sold (i think). The starting price was £260 + £20 P+P for 4 single heads.

I`d make him that offer if I were you, seems a good price.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

same light just 250w instead of 100w

i find the 100w a lot brighter than some 250w lights as they are a concentrated beam.

not sure of the price of the new ones yet tho.

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

I emailed Prolight last Thursday and they replied telling me that the Dynatwin 250 will not be with them until the end of June, and it should roll out for July.

They could not give a recommended retail price so i have got to wait as i am interested in getting 1 maybe 2 of them, have seen the 100's and considering getting 2 of them, but waiting for the buyer of my Martin's to produce some cash.

The sheapest i have seen so far on the net for the 100's is £135.00 plus postage...

I only looked into the Acme Dynatwins following a feed here on DJ United last week - thanks guys!

Regards

Mr P (Chris)

not sure if i was involved in that post last week but i must admit they are dalm good lights. if i had a bigger T bar i would buy some more but ive got so many lights i dont know what to do with them all.

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

I am in no hurry for lights and hopefully I will have some gig money rolling in, in the next few months...

Hopefully the 250's aren't too expensive! :joe:

i have recently bought the 4 head scanner system and happy with it although i,am having a problem with getting them to do alternate movements instead of all the lights moving in the same direction and the manual may as well be in italian for me as i dont find it much help although thats mostly down to me i guess :wacko:

All i can think of is it something to do with the dip switches on the bottom of the unit? reasons being firstly when dilivered the ca-8 controller was missing so had to run them on sound to light souley, although this was just to make sure they were working. therefore plugged them in and all they did to begin with was move through the seloection of various colours, gobos etc, although once again trying to make sence of the manual i come to the conclusion of altering some of the dip switches with then solved the problem the began to move sound to light although one of the scanners cut out, is this due to a setting where a blocked the signal, a master slave option perhaps? although i again got all heads working but not alternating. Although once the controller is delivered will this solve the issue as setting the dip switches is this a manual way setting the heads to work where by for example the controller does this at the push of a button i.e. function button to active the various patterns, movements etc?

sorry alot to ask and a hard description of my problem but any thoughts and advice would be appreciated

cheers smile icon

still learning, still experiencing, still dj,ing

Hi Sparko

as far as i can remember you only have to change 1 dip switch to make them alternate.

its either 1 or 10 on and the rest off. give it a go, it wont dammage them in any way.

one---two---three---four

on-----off-----on-----off

i might be totally wrong cos the memory is a bit rusty lately but some of the dmx experts will be able to sort you out soon.

hope this helps

jim

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

its dip switch 10 it reverses the direction we have master light and no.3 light one way ,lights 2 and 4 the other.

do you mean unit i..... dip switch 10 on

unit 2 dip switch 10 on off

unit 3 dip switch 10 on

unit 4 dip switch 10 on off

as DJ 007 surgessted? via unit 1 being the master and the rest slaves? how would you set this?

my lighting knowledge is also very rusty

What setting do the other dip switches have to be or is that N/A i.e. dip switches 1-9?

also once i get the controller deliverd would that solve the functioning issue i.e. what sequences off colours, gobos and changes off patterns i want the lights to perform?

still learning, still experiencing, still dj,ing

thats correct with the settings sparko.

What setting do the other dip switches have to be or is that N/A i.e. dip switches 1-9?

also once i get the controller deliverd would that solve the functioning issue i.e. what sequences off colours, gobos and changes off patterns i want the lights to perform?

all the other dip switches are in the off position.

if its the ca8 controller you are waiting for then this is a basic little controller with 3 buttons, standby/blackout, funtion and mode.

i let the lights run sound to light and only use the blackout button. if you want to control the colours and gobos then you will have to go down the dmx route and buy a dmx controller and start programming them.

(ive got a controller now but am still at a loss with programming so its just sitting in its box still). one day ill get round to it.

jim

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

yes sparko thats correct dip switch 1 should be on the master light only.

so light 1 dip switch 1 & 10 on all others off

light 2 all switches off

light 3 switch 10 on all others off

light 4 all switches off

ca8 controller goes in light 1 and connect all lights in sequence starting from the dmx out on light 1 to the dmx in on light 2 and so on.

good luck

andy