Dj's United

Waits for cauldron of burning oil.....

I've used a laptop for two years, never had it miss a beat and all I use is media player....

No cauldrons.......

Saw you gave the same answer in another topic....

I will ask this innocently: What do you do about the 30 min ( or thereabouts) pause in between tracks????

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

You do but it simply adds extra information (fade points, BPM - if used etc). It can do this overnight if you have a lot of tracks to convert. If you no longer want to use OTS you can convert them back to normal MP3.

As I come to the end of a track just fade it down with one hand and double click on the next track with the other, I dont mix and to date probably done 100+ gigs with the laptop.

There maybe a one/two second delay on occassion but I have never had any comeback I just play the music they want to hear. I'm a big fan of keeping it very very simple lol.

Waits for cauldron of burning oil.....

I've used a laptop for two years, never had it miss a beat and all I use is media player....

Your joking right?

Please tell me your joking!

I wonder why I bother going to all the effort I do if theirs Djs using Media player LOL

NRG like I said I'm a big fan of simplicity lol

I did try a version of Virtual DJ and did like it but 30 mins into using it my laptop froze. Media player will run all day and all night, is simple to use, got my playlists and genres so its good enough for me. I know there can be a delay between tracks but I just fade the track down as i double click on the next and bring it back up. If there is a bit of a delay I talk over it. Plus i dont use an external soundcard, just the laptop straight into my desk.

No-one to date has said there was a delay of 3 seconds between songs, as long as you are playing the music people want to hear in my (limited) experience they aren't bothered. As a result I dont have to advertise the majority of my work is word of mouth and I probably turn down more work than I actually do.

Can I suggest that you may then consider Winamp, with a couple of plugins. Sqrsoft Crossfader automatically works out when the current track is about to finish and then starts the next one. It's simple but effective and before buying my HD 2500, I worked for 18 months without any problems.

Tried ots yeah I agree great bit of kit I'm using windows xp looked on the ots site there's 3 choices to download which is the best to use

Hi. We use OTS Turntables Silver. I say 'we', as I work with my business partner. I DJ and he takes care of lights, electrics and effects through a keyflash unit. So that we had 2 copies of OTS, just for back-up, we both bought a copy of Turntables Silver. It costs about £25. Do a search for OTS Turtables. It works great for laptop play-out but doesn't have the functionality of OTS AV (but then it is only £25). It auto-fades from disk a to disk b, you can alter the pitch, speed and you can even play the track (OTS or MP3) backwards, which is great for music quiz's. Runs on XP and system requirements are minimal. No need for an expensive laptop. Horses for courses. Depends on what you want to do. Turntables is simple to learn and it's very stable. Hope that helps.

John

I've looked at this one but I was told you had to convert all your tracks over to ots to make them work

Otsav will now play MP3 and wav files without conversion but for the Auto BPM you will need to convert. But this prog is so worth the time and money

Nik