Dj's United

I was dreading last nights gig (Saturday). Apart from the 100 track playlist, when I visited the premises in the week, it had changed since I was last there. Its a hotel in town (Chelmsford) but the High Street has been pedestrianised so you can't get access from the front. You used to be able to use a car park at the rear but Barclays Bank have laid claim to car park and there is no longer access for security reasons.

So it was a case of parking as close to the hotel as possible which happened to be on a double yellow line with a Zig Zag because its near a pedestrian crossing, unload as quickly as possible and then move the car to a car park.

Unload as quickly as possible was further complicated by the room being upstairs so we had the carry the gear right through the hotel, up some stairs (no lift!) then along a corridor and down two smaller flights of stairs.

Boy did my arms ache when we finished unloading. Thank heavens for my roadie, he certainly earned his bottle of pop.

Was all set up and running by 7pm as requested but was playing to an empty room. Didn't really fill up until 8.30pm but when it did, the eye candy was mind blowing. Tried to capture a few shots with the mobile but alas most didn't come out. This is the best one:

http://www.ttiger.co.uk/pictures/05-04-08_1912.jpg

The night was slow getting going but for the last hour, most people were on the dance floor. I did play most of the playlist plus a few requests and a few tracks I threw in that I thought would go down well. I'll add it to the playlist thread later as there were some tracks I'd forgotten about that went down well.

Usual thanks at the end. When I got back to the room after getting the car from the car park, one chap did ask if I was a taxi driver. Makes a change I suppose to being asked if i am the DJ. Obviously made a big impact with him.

Usual thanks at the end. When I got back to the room after getting the car from the car park, one chap did ask if I was a taxi driver. Makes a change I suppose to being asked if i am the DJ. Obviously made a big impact with him.

You must have been your usual subtle self there and "let the music do the speaking" tongue out icon

Well done, especially the loading / unloading nightmare.

I feel for you as I had the same problem in Gerrard Street (Chinatown). Pedestrian only, no car park near and chinese restaurant venue halfway down the road and up 3 flights of stairs. No lifts as it is listed building. :wall: We took an extra pair of hands that night.

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic

You must have been your usual subtle self there and "let the music do the speaking" tongue out icon

How did you know that? were you there? was someone there that you knew? not really getting paranoid but but who spilt the beans? :fright: smile icon

As its pretty well the norm for Essex girls to wear white stilletto's, its not something I pay a lot of attention to these days and in any case, it wasn't "pairs" of shoes I was looking at :karen: :hide:

• 3 weeks later...

I was dreading last nights gig (Saturday). Apart from the 100 track playlist, when I visited the premises in the week, it had changed since I was last there. Its a hotel in town (Chelmsford) but the High Street has been pedestrianised so you can't get access from the front. You used to be able to use a car park at the rear but Barclays Bank have laid claim to car park and there is no longer access for security reasons.

I just wont take on gigs unless they have easy loading/unloading.

I work alone so stairs and long carries are out.

If I had to take on a roadie for the evening I would have to charge quite a bit more.

I just wont take on gigs unless they have easy loading/unloading.

I work alone so stairs and long carries are out.

If I had to take on a roadie for the evening I would have to charge quite a bit more.

Someone has to do them smile icon and it keeps the Roadie fit

i dont touch stairs either

WWW.HONKYTONKSULTIMATEDISCOS.COM

what is this adversion to stairs? and physical excercise! tongue out icon - better watch out that our job does't become yet another one of those occupations that the British shy away from, and we find ourselves getting replaced by cheap labour!

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Stairs a pain but a good free workout

Have one Sat third floor Wedding

Will never turn one down because of a few stairs

Toughen the :cense: Britain or you will turn into a nation of softies

9) Do not substitute letters within vulgar/obscene/forbidden words with punctuation marks or other symbols. Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) parental software controls and School or Company networks still recognize many of the disguised words and may restrict use / access of the forum to their subscribers.

Edited by Abuse Controller

You get to know the venues which are a pain to get in and out of. I normally just charge more to be honest. There's a certain hotel in Sutton where it is a lovely hotel but they have the weddings in a marquee round the back. So you have to park in the main car park and then trolley your stuff over gravel paths down to the marquee. The last time I was there it took me over an hour just to get my gear down there. Then it was on till 1am. So imagine my sheer delight that once I had packed up in about 20 mins I then had to trawl all my stuff back in the pouring rain. Not a happy bunny that night!!!