Dj's United

Right guys,

After a calculated and malicious attack on ALL my sites (and the companies within my group) the other night, I've finally managed to get them all back and running again.... to a degree.... (and yes, I know who it was who attacked my site... someone local... and they aren't getting away with it either hehehe!!)

However this time, I've been looking at a new feature which is an offline/online event management system called DJEvents Planner. ---- www.djeventplanner.com/

I've been having a play with it and it's bloody indepth with what can do.....

Just wondering if anyone else use's this? I'm having a few issues with customisation, but other than that it works a charm.

You can opt to give INSTANT quotes (is that a good thing?).... or have people simply send you details and you contact them... it gives financial reports... payment gateways so your clients can pay online securely....

It's currently $10 a month for what most of us would need..... http://www.djeventplanner.com/pricing.asp

If anyone has a free alternative let me know.... as the cheaper we can keep things, the better the profit to us as a community is.

So anyone using it? If so, what do you think of it?.... If you're not using it, is there a reason why? :)

Edited by AlexEntertainment

-------------------------------------------

Web : http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk

Web : http://www.alexskaraoke.co.uk

Phone : 07525 645750 / 0800 612 4979

email : alex@alexentertainment.co.uk

--------------------------------------------

Right guys,

After a calculated and malicious attack on ALL my sites (and the companies within my group) the other night, I've finally managed to get them all back and running again.... to a degree.... (and yes, I know who it was who attacked my site... someone local... and they aren't getting away with it either hehehe!!)

However this time, I've been looking at a new feature which is an offline/online event management system called DJEvents Planner. ---- www.djeventplanner.com/

I've been having a play with it and it's bloody indepth with what can do.....

Just wondering if anyone else use's this? I'm having a few issues with customisation, but other than that it works a charm.

You can opt to give INSTANT quotes (is that a good thing?).... or have people simply send you details and you contact them... it gives financial reports... payment gateways so your clients can pay online securely....

It's currently $10 a month for what most of us would need..... http://www.djeventplanner.com/pricing.asp

If anyone has a free alternative let me know.... as the cheaper we can keep things, the better the profit to us as a community is.

So anyone using it? If so, what do you think of it?.... If you're not using it, is there a reason why? :)

I'm not using it Alex but will take a look as I make the transformation to civilian life this year and will rely on my skills to put bread on the table. On initial glance it seems to tick the boxes but I can't run it on the PC at work due to security.

Hi Alex,

I'm currently trialling DJ Intelligence. I think its similar price, but I am getting a 2-month free trial.

As these services are remotely hosted, one of my concerns is the lack of control over the data.

What if they decided to close the business? How would we get playlists and other data out?

I did consider coding something myself but soon realised it would be a big project to do well- and I'd need to sell the service (lots at $10/month), so whilst neither are perfect, they are better than a simple contact form.

The Payment gateway will be PayPal, which is ok for a booking fee - but I would be concerned about accepting PayPal for the balance of £200-£300.

I will look into DJEP, I like the idea of the financial reporting, and the admin area. The DJi system looks to be mainly separate modules with no obvious master are to view all the data (but its been a few weeks since I looked at it)

I think there is a market for a better system, but with the 2 main offerings being $10/month, and many DJ's being fairly reluctant to spend money, I'd fear it would take a few years to get any return on the effort.

I tried DJ Event planner for the trial period and it seems very comprehensive.

I then tried DJ Intelligence, once again for it's trial period and have had two bookings because of it so I decided to buy it.

I think both programmes add something extra to the service you can provide whichever you were to choose. I like the fact that it gives clients a different way to interact with me. They can look through the music database at their leisure and choose tracks or use the event planner and timeline tools.

... OK WOW..... DjEvent planner is defo for me.... Only installed in properly 2 nights ago and actually went live yesterday (friday).

Just got home from a gig, and had 11 people request quotes online....

3 of which have already booked and paid the deposit!

SUPER IMPRESSED!!!!

Jason... with regards to coding something ourselves.... I'm sure using multiple joomla extensions, between us all (including other people on the site who do coding and web design) we could come up with something similar :)

... OK WOW..... DjEvent planner is defo for me.... Only installed in properly 2 nights ago and actually went live yesterday (friday).

Just got home from a gig, and had 11 people request quotes online....

3 of which have already booked and paid the deposit!

SUPER IMPRESSED!!!!

When you say they have already paid, is that via djevent planner also? I couldn't see a paying mechanism.

It certainly sounds like a good idea. It's a great way of catching a punter there and then. Many don;t want to mess about but just book it and this sounds good.

I notice you havent put a wedding option on your instant quote???

:joe:

Edited by Teez

Heya teez...

I don't offer them the option of FULL payment... only the deposit.

Once a customer creates a quote, DJevent will automatically create the event should my calendar be free.

It will then email them the quote details... advising them to pay a deposit to secure the date should they wish to continue with us.... payment can be made once they receive their quote email... they can log into the client area and make a payment.

After that I've set it so I manually control it from there.

-----

With regard to weddings, at the moment I'm still rebuilding the site after the attack... can't believe how much data was lost! (mutters profanities under my breath....)

The next step is to create a wedding package... a corp package and a kids package.

(My childrens entertainer loved the software and so I'm now going to be managing his bookings .... rather then buy two subscriptions .... scary!!!)

The wedding package is already setup on DJEvent Planner, but it's VERY VERY VERY VERY american.... so I've got some work to do on it. LOL

(Teez... did you try putting a quote through at 3am ?? )

Ok... opps... just found a flaw in my system! LOL

I've now turned off the Auto Emailer and account setter upper.... It kinda went loopy and set up MULTIPLE accounts for each and all the quotes! LOL

Heya teez...

I don't offer them the option of FULL payment... only the deposit.

Once a customer creates a quote, DJevent will automatically create the event should my calendar be free.

It will then email them the quote details... advising them to pay a deposit to secure the date should they wish to continue with us.... payment can be made once they receive their quote email... they can log into the client area and make a payment.

After that I've set it so I manually control it from there.

-----

With regard to weddings, at the moment I'm still rebuilding the site after the attack... can't believe how much data was lost! (mutters profanities under my breath....)

The next step is to create a wedding package... a corp package and a kids package.

(My childrens entertainer loved the software and so I'm now going to be managing his bookings .... rather then buy two subscriptions .... scary!!!)

The wedding package is already setup on DJEvent Planner, but it's VERY VERY VERY VERY american.... so I've got some work to do on it. LOL

(Teez... did you try putting a quote through at 3am ?? )

Ok... opps... just found a flaw in my system! LOL

I've now turned off the Auto Emailer and account setter upper.... It kinda went loopy and set up MULTIPLE accounts for each and all the quotes! LOL

Yes, sorry that was me. I wanted to have a look through without actually generating an enquiry but accidentally clicked the GO button or whatever. :aa

DJEP in its finished state looks better than DJI as DJI seems quite small in font and is more obviously an add-on (IMHO) Did you change the HTML on DJEP or is that template standard? I couldn't see on DJEP that tey offered to take payments, maybe it was just a bit too late for me.....

I'm definitely going to try one out, they both seem to offer similar and the pricing is about the same so for me it's going to be down to how easy it is to integrate into my weebly system and also how good it looks on the page. What do you think?

:joe:

PS: I saw your comment on using your own logo as a smiley. I was thinking about that too and although I havent checked it, there is some free software out there to create your own smileys. Even in it's simplest state you can have a standard smiley with a plackard that you type your own text in. That would be deifnitely fun in emails to customers etc.

Edited by Teez

Heya Teez,

Intergration is VERY simple.... They provide you with either the HTML coding (Javascripting) so you can create modules in Joomla/Wordpress... not sure on weebly....

or they provide direct link codes...which can be used in an <iframe> environment.

Teez... I'm going to PM you some login details so you can view the Client Side of things... you'll be able to see the payment section, event section... etc...

Colour coding was done by me using their stylesheet changer... and I actually removed the side modules from the website to clean up the appearance, however I'm thinking of bring them back... as you said, it "looks" like an external module with out them I think...

PM SENT :)

Alex