Dj's United

Virtual Dj Question!

Guys,

Sorry to be a pain but I am running a very early version of VDJ and would like to run the software via my external mixer. The question I have is when I access the CONFIG button in the VDJ, I don't know which set up to choose, I run the software via a DJIO soundcard at present which works well, but wanted to get a bit more control by using a mixer.

There are plenty of Youtube tutorials if running the newest version of VDJ but not for the early version I have (I think mine is 3.5)

Any suggestions please? :wall:

Experienced Motown & Northern Soul Mobile DJ

If your copy of virtualDJ is payed for and legit which of course it will be then you can register on their site and are entitled to free lifetime upgrades.

Get updated to the latest 6.x

I'm not sure that's quite the case for old versions fester, I looked into this when I was buying VDJ pro to see if buying a s/h old version and then upgrading to the latest would be cheaper, I'm sure they charge on a sliding scale, and when I looked at buying 3.5 and then paying for the upgrade to 5.x (at the time) it wasn't worth it. But I did get free updates from 5.x to 6.x onwards.

Hi DJ Dex,

I'm a VirtualDJ 6 man myself but I'll tell you what settings I use, as I also use DJIO now and then. Hope this helps...

In the Sound Setting tab of the Config menu, OUTPUT is set to HEADPHONES with MASTER : FRONT OUTPUT / HEADPHONES : REAR OUTPUT selected in the dropdown box.

For the SOUNDCARD settings, that is set to 4-OUT CARD and the DJIO is selected in the dropdown box.

Hope that helps

Hi DJ Dex,

I'm a VirtualDJ 6 man myself but I'll tell you what settings I use, as I also use DJIO now and then. Hope this helps...

In the Sound Setting tab of the Config menu, OUTPUT is set to HEADPHONES with MASTER : FRONT OUTPUT / HEADPHONES : REAR OUTPUT selected in the dropdown box.

For the SOUNDCARD settings, that is set to 4-OUT CARD and the DJIO is selected in the dropdown box.

Hope that helps

He He, thanks for that, but it's rapmeister who wants to know about settings, I have a Maya USB 4 Ch ASIO sound card, so the ASIO setup works just fine for me.