Dj's United

Dull and overcast.....that's the weather not me :huh:

Still, better than yesterday when I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me when I took the dogs for a walk

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Horrible. Still raining

Welcome to Bolton :)

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Raining pretty hard oop 'ere since the early hours...cat refuses to go out! :fright:

What's it like where you are?

I have just got home from work. I'm a drayman delivering beer. Been in Sidmouth and Exmouth today and i have to say that is some of the worse weather i have ever seen. Could not open the curtains in Sidmouth. The sea was something else. I took pictures of it and will post them asap. Makes you sick looking at it!. Cornwall got it pretty bad i'm told. Hope no-one has been seriously hurt anywhere.

Global warming.........you having a laugh???!!!

Sun is shining here today :D Hmmm wonder how long that will last

Edited by wizard

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Scotland, the North East Coastline and Yorkshire are getting a pasting by snow at the moment, with half a metre of lying snow in some areas, and many roads and even motorway stretches currently closed.

Anybody had problems getting to gigs / gigs cancelled due to the weather this past weekend?

The bad news is, that Snow is forecast to be creeping into the South as we speak and by Tuesday is likely to bring disruption to nearly all parts of the UK and Ireland by mid week, and likely to continue for the next 10 - 14 days. :scared:

We now have 14" of snow up here and thanks to a snow plough i have had to dig over 3' of snow off the side of my van to get it moving today

Is blizzarding hard right now with most minor roads around town impassable. have been off work for 3 days, mrs md also off and cant get any building supplies delivered for home, kids off school since last thursday and so far 1 gig cancelled this weekend.

Nice! I love the snow and now the cupboards are full so am prepared. Forcast is better for the weekend but we will have to see.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

We've got some snow up here - but really not that much at all - the worst bit is the odd bit of ice on the roads... but its covered with snow at the minute so not as bad..

Started heavy snowing briefly whilst on the way to a gig last night - was quite weird felt like i was driving through a starfield or something whilst on the motorway... !

My next gig should be a bit more interesting as its on a tiny village road twisty turny in the middle of nowhere..!

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Be very careful if you are on the road tonight (Thursday) and in the morning. Temperatures are forecast to drop to -18c in most parts, with lower than -22c forecast for Scotland and areas with large amounts of snow. Even treated roads can become dangerous at these temperatures, when melted snow / frost freezes again and becomes ice. Once any lying snow freezes as well, Chaos will reign.

Buxton is virtually cut off at the moment with all of the Peak District roads pretty much closed. Just going into Town requires a 4WD Vehicle, and even then its very tricky. Of course, the Council Gritters have been nowhere to be seen :wall: . Its amazing that one of the highest and historically, one of the most likely places to get snow, is also the least prepared when it arrives.

Bit of a mixture forecast at the moment for the weekend. Its either going to be more snow, Freezing Fog or Freezing Rain - which is the one thing which is actually far more dangerous than snow, and, if widespread, will mean no traffic goes anywhere :scared: .

The recent spell has been very regional though, with Scotland, Yorkshire and some parts of the South getting about a years worth of Snow in a week, and others in the Midlands, Wales and Cotswolds, wondering what all of the fuss is about.

In my heavily populated area, the roads are mainly fine. We live in a dead end road (and area... :( ) and its not been gritted, but the main road is fine to the A10/M25/A1/Elstree for the day job.

Bad news is the Van does not have ABS, so taking it easy. I've a stash of munchies and a blanket. I just need to get that 12V Kettle and some hot choccy and I'll be fine if I get stuck :D

I've got 1 gig this weekend in Welwyn garden City, and will be calling the client to check all is ok.

I know the venue, its just off the main road so do not expect a problem with access - just guests not bothering to turn up.

Guys living in remote places who have to travel distances for gigs have my sympathies.

I spent a night on the M11 about 7 years ago, not much fun!!!

Jason

Roads in welwyn are fine at the moment.

Van broke down on way home from a london Gig last night at 1.30am....oooooh it was a cold wait for the RAC, luckily they were there within the hour only to find nothing wrong and they just followed me home :wacko: