Dj's United

thomman cyber store and starville

hi there, edbary recomened this place for a dmx controller, and you all sceem to make little comments on it, so whats the place like?

are they good service? quick at answering questions?

and starville? aka soundlab i think? is that any good?

simply because the equipment sceems very reasonable...?

comments please

incase you dont know, this is the website : Thomann

cheers guys

VIBE Mobile Disco's

A professional Service

For all ages and occassions

I have bought one or two bits and peices off thomann. My mate bought a moulded pair of 15" speakers, well in shippment, one got well and truly smashed! Without hessitation, he contacted thomann and they said that if he returned it immediately, they would send out a replacement, free of charge! They tend to sell stuff cheaper than in the uk, bearing in mind that they are based in Germany! But i was happy with their service! I would recommend them.

Thoman is a bit like the German version of Academy-of-Sound or whatever they're called this week.

They are one of Germany's largest sound & light retailers, it says alot for the UK when you can buy the stuff at retail prices at often cheaper prices than trade over here!! Sad really! Thomann have first class, german-efficient customer service, and the UK could really learn from them!!!! They are very concerned about internet security and payment, their delivery is quick and cheaper than inland couriers inside the UK!!

Many of their own brands eg T-Amp, The Box, Stairville etc are the same product as our UK badged stuff from Soundlab, Warrior etc, so if you don't mind what badge your stuff wears then go for it.

Ive bought a pair of behringer speakers and a stairville msd 250 barrel effect from thomann their service is far superior to most of the uk companies and priced very competitavally. And with the delivery cost of less than £10 whatever you order and trackable at that it all goes to show that the british companies could learn a thing or two about customer service from them.

alan

STROBE DISCO SHOW

01782 713277

07802 489555

Do you have to pay anything for the money transfer using visa etc?

I used bank transfer and had to pay an extra £9 i would have paid using my credit card but thought i would have had to pay extra for that too.

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

I bought the Stairville DMX Master 1 from them, which is the same as the Chauvet 50, but much cheaper.

Service/delivery was excellent.

The only complaint I could have had, but it is really minor, is that the PSU comes as a continental 2 pin plug affair. As long as you're aware that equipment that has a mains lead or PSU will probably have a continental plug on it, then use them.

As Superstar said, UK dealers could learn a lot from them.

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

QUOTE (High Fidelity @ Jun 18 2006, 03:26 PM)
The only complaint I could have had, but it is really minor, is that the PSU comes as a continental 2 pin plug affair. As long as you're aware that equipment that has a mains lead or PSU will probably have a continental plug on it, then use them.

Very good point there actually!

Yeah well they are German after all. Of course most stuff has IEC leads or figure-8 leads, it's only the plugtop adapters which have the 2-pin / shuko connectors and adapters for these are around 2 quid from maplin etc.

The best way of paying is by credit card as it's also guaranteed in addition to Thomann's own. There's no import duty as it's an EC country, Thomann charge you the UK VAT themselves at point of sale so nothing to declare to customs either. Thomann don't surcharge 2% on a card, unlike, sadly, many UK companies.

Any bank transfer charges are purely down to the bank in question.

Like any other European country, they do from time to time have things out of stock, mainly stuff on long lead times from the far east (eg Behringer) but that's indicated on the item page as a sort of bar-graph.

I also bought the DMX Controller, I found them really helpful and stayed in contact with me throughout the whole service.

The only problem I have had with it is that I dont know how to work the damn thing lol

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

QUOTE (nrgize @ Jun 22 2006, 02:04 PM)

The only problem I have had with it is that I dont know how to work the damn thing lol

I spent all afternoon yesterday setting up scenes then programming them into a Chase, (bloody brilliant when you get the hang of it). Then all you need to do is press the music button and you then have individually structured sound to light.

Just in the process of purchasing another couple of DMX lights. So will be able to have even more eloborate lighting effects.

Elliot,

I have also ordered a pair of "The Box PA502A" active speakers 400watt rms per speaker for £196 each from Thomann, they are identical in both specification and looks to Kam IMS Pro A 15" active speakers and the cheapest I can find a pair of these is £590 pair.

Eddie.

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

I've been a customer of theirs for years. Never a problem.

My latest purchase from them is a Martin Acrobat for €415 (€15 delivery to Ireland). This is about €100 cheaper than this time last year. I checked the UK versionof the thomann site, the Acrobat is selling @ £272.55 plus £10 shipping.

It's a great deal for a great unit. (It's the first unit I've found to match a broken swing in terms of brightness and coverage)

John