Dj's United

Weekend 27th - 29th June 2008

Well its been radio work for me all week on various stations.

Friday - Wedding.

Hopefully getting two more tomorrow as well..getting busy with this and in general.

Someone pick a song..

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

Friday - School Disco

Saturday - 14 year olds birthday party

They don't call me Krazy for nothing! Krazy by name - Krazy by nature !!!

Age doesn't matter, unless you're a cabinet!

K K Disco

Later today, a corporate Summer Fayre 5-11ish.

I've been ask for an "eclectic mix of happy summer tunes"

So... Club Tropicana and In the SummerTime on AutoDJ+Repeat whilst I take a nap :joe:

Also a Live Band and Bollywood Dancing, so should be good, providing it doesn't rain...

I've been asked to take a few pics, so will share!

Saturday/Sunday, nothing.

Jason

song to play

Amazulu Montego Bay

Class- thanks Paul!!

Jason

I'm all packed up and ready to go. Just waiting for Mr Roadie to knock on the door. Tonight is a 16th party and strangely I am feeling a bit nervous as I haven't done a teenage party for nearly 12 months.

Tomorrow (Saturday) is a wedding, evening reception only.

saturday-wedding

sunday-wedding

WWW.HONKYTONKSULTIMATEDISCOS.COM

Fri 18th Birthday party.

Must be nerves going around as I was nervous about this one don't do too many 18ths

Turned out good night 60 18 year olds and the 2 parents of the birthday girl. I think Sandstorm was the oldest song I played.

Lots of Ministry of Sound type stuff and RnB. The one thing I dont like about 18th is the obsure requests.

" Can you play Benny boooassi house remix feat tony the tiger its on Electro house 7" you must have it!!

Apart from that little rant Father must have been happy gave me $50 tip at the end and you don't get many tips in Oz.

Sat = night off

Friday was an 18th birthday.

Very nice people in a pleasant venue.

Saturday - disco for Air Cadets.

Exciting, isn't it?!

Everyone seemed nervous last night. The birthday girl was nervous in case no one turned up. Her parents and the venue staff were nervous in case there was any trouble. I was nervous in case there was any trouble and in case I played the wrong music.

The function started at 7.30. By 8.30 it still looked pretty empty. 8.45 a large group of young men arrived, all full of themselves and immediately went to one corner of the room where they looked like they were mucking around. Here we go I thought and thoughts were flying through my mind of the best way to protect the gear if something kicked off.

As the night went on, the group of lads dispersed. Had loads of requests so they basically chose their own music and the whole night went really well. I was asked to announce the finish 15 minutes early as the venue staff were expecting problems getting people to leave but apart from a few waiting for taxis, everyone left almost immediately.

The birthday girls Dad come up to me at the end and the first thing he said with a surprised look on his face was how well behaved everyone had been. At the same time he shook my hand and passed a few pieces of paper over which on later inspection turned out to be a few bank notes.

It was a venue that I had not played at before but would be more than happy to again. All the venue staff were really friendly and house rules are that anyone working there (including the DJ) can have whatever they want from the bar for free all night.

A couple of pictures:

http://www.ambron.co.uk/pics/Emily%20002s.jpg

http://www.ambron.co.uk/pics/Emily%20002s2.jpg

Friday night was a staff party for a Sixthform College at E10 venue.

Had a fair list of requests prior to function, apparently made up by the two organisers. It was a slow starter, with people drifting in up to 9pm, then, suddenly wham! drink and atmosphere kicked it. However, by then i had been getting requests from the floor and adding my own choices.

Original playlist had a bit too much hip-hop, dance for the audience, cheese (especially 70's & 80's) went much better. Gave out maraccas a couple of times and used limbo pole to great effect during Hot, Hot, Hot.

Surprise of the night : massive reaction when we played Uptown, Top Ranking.

Oh, and the excitement when we gave out glosticks. tongue out icon

You want me to play what?

Secretary of NADJ, Member of SEDA

Magic Moments.. making your moment magic

Had problems finishing last night. Finishing time was 12.00 midnight. Grooms mother come up to me at 11.55 and asked if her husband could use the mic to sing Frank Sinatra, My Way. At the time the floor was full and I was just about to put the last track on. I said we had to finish at 12.00pm but she went and asked the venue manager who said okay. Announced the last track and said "but its not the end, we have a special treat to come".

Grooms Dad sung Frank Sinatra without any backing music and every one joined in. He finished at about 12.10 and I thanked everyone, said goodnight etc but was getting hounded for just one more. Tried to explain it finished, end, no more but the bride came over and asked for the first dance to be played again. I looked across at the venue manager for a bit of support but she just put her thumbs up and indicated its ok. Fortunately the venue lights came on at the end and we were allowed to finish and pack away.

Some pictures:

http://www.ambron.co.uk/pics/wedding%20001.jpg

http://www.ambron.co.uk/pics/wedding%20004.jpg

I tried to get some pictures of the lighting. Personally I'm still not convinced that I like the LED effect but the clients and guests seem to love them.

http://www.ambron.co.uk/pics/wedding%20006.jpg

http://www.ambron.co.uk/pics/wedding%20007.jpg

http://www.ambron.co.uk/pics/wedding%20008.jpg

Friday night in my residency...hen night turned up dressed as french maids......oh i love my job

Saturday night summer ball 500+ 4.30pm set up free drinks,food & fair rides

Played backgrond 7.30 to 9.30 Band 9.30 to 10.30, 10.30 firework display & raffle Band 11.00 to midnight & me midnight to 1.30

Gave away all my business cards even had to write phone number on peices of paper & booked for next year already

Got home 3.30am

They look like Acme imopsiLED's

They are the Stageline equivalent RGBL-40DMX. Just set sound to light and master/slave linked.

Also using two DMX star balls. Tried them on the T-bar but wasn't very impressed with them but lower down pointing upwards a bit they are much better (especially with a bit of smoke when allowed). Again they are master/slave linked. Use a slow rotation during first/slow dance and sound to light at other times where they rotate in alternative directions and strobe a bit in time to the music.

usual week yet again....

thursday 40th bday

friday wedding

saturday wedding

sunday just get ready to go out and do a 60th bday

fri and sat venues were a pain to get in and out of and now im already knackered and could do with just stopping in and falling asleep in front of the telly!!!