Dj's United

Which Midi Controller For Around £130

Hi Im new on this forum.

I'v got anywhere between £100-150 to spend on a midi controller new or second hand.

At the moment iv been looking at new numark mixtracks for £130 or possibly pick up a second hand one for arround £150

an intergrated soundcard isnt very important as I allready have a 8ch usb card

What are the alternatives that you would recomend?

The Hercules RMX DJ Controller seems popular.

I don't see any for that kind of price (delivered). £179+£60 shipping from the US?

£233+ from Thomann.

Supposed to be a nice bit of Kit though, but not with a budget of £130..

Sadly, not much choice at that price-range, but possibly something second hand?

I picked up a 2nd hand RMX off the flea bay for £160 in mint condition.

They do tend to sell for more but you may fall lucky if you keep checking for new listings. Mine came up on auction with buy it now price of £160. Knowing they usually fetch more I bought it immediately.

Slightly over your budget but if you can find one for around the same price (or maybe you'll be lucky like I was) then I couldn't recommend it high enough.

The Hercules DJ Control Steel is a good alternative to the RMX, practically identical in functionality and appearance however the RMX has built in soundcards which was a big plus point for me.

If you can't stretch your budget then WhyBuyNew are selling them on their ebay store now for £150 with free delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hercules-DJ-Control-...=item2eb1efb82d

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

I don't see any for that kind of price (delivered). £179+£60 shipping from the US?

£233+ from Thomann.

Thats probably because I didn't suggest that he bought new from either of those entities :D . The OP, stated on his post that he's open to both new and second hand purchases,

I've got anywhere between £100-150 to spend on a midi controller new or second hand.

I have seen these go for as little as £90 / £100 on the Bay of E if you get in there quick. People are desperate for cash at the moment and some equipment is fetching really good prices (for the Buyer). If you can bide your time, and can watch patiently - you may eventually pick up a bargain.

That said, £150 from 'Why Buy New' is a pretty good deal. It may be worth the £50 extra to get a warranty and the usual dealer back up.

I have a Numark omni control (never used apart from once to test ) £100 plus carriage. Comes with traktor s/w

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

I have a Numark omni control (never used apart from once to test ) £100 plus carriage. Comes with traktor s/w

If OP doesn't want it I'll have it! Can get it collected by courier. PM me but OP gets first dibs obviously. Been looking for one of these used or an RMX for ages for a monthly gig I do in a venue with installed PA, I only bring a laptop and DJIO Card but have alot of difficulty DJ'ing without a controller.

www.tipperarypartydj.com