Dj's United

He's Gone Too Far this Time!!!

• 2 weeks later...

dose eny 1 know what the michael jackson billie jean re-mix is called ?

Michael Jackson Vs Bushwacka - Billie Jean 2002 (Bushwaka Mix) - You mean that ?

Excellent remix it really rocks the dance floor !

As for Gary Glitter I dont play him anymore and havent been asked to, but before it emerged that he enjoys the 'company' of young boys in the same way a catholic priest probably would I agree that his songs were popular.

In conclusion I dont think i'll be playing 'Do you wanna touch me' again in a hurry.

Scotty

KING OF DISCOS

We're what parties were invented for !

MySpace

'If anyone here hasnt enjoyed themselves this evening would you kindly raise your arm........, and slap yourself around the chops'

Do other DJ's feel 'awkward' in plain' 'dodgy' artist tunes????????

It seems that there's been very little flack given to R Kelly. I know the allegations are unprooved as yet, but in other cases that hasn't meant a thing.

His new album Chocolate factory has a killer track on it called 'Step in the name of love', but the remix is really hitting the spot. Forget 'Ignition' 'Step...' is the best track on the cd. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/thumbup.gif

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

Must admit Mr Glitter has really fallen from grace and is very rarely asked for now, I will play it if asked but I normally drop a voiceover saying "forget the man remember the music" or words to that effect. Most people seem to accept that rather than playing it and saying nothing!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, bit of a late reply to this topic as I've just come across it. While I've been DJ-ing over the last few weeks,I've had quite a few requests for Michael Jackson. Which is a godsend to my son, who comes with me as he eats, drinks and sleeps MICHAEL JACKSON!!! Everyday when I come home from work I get bombarded with all the Michael Jackson tunes. I showed him the picture at the beginning of this topic and he threatened to come on the forum and speak his mind!! I personally don't have a problem playing his songs because whatever accusations are made he has produced some excellent material.

Party to the Max, With Happy Traxx

M.J is either very sick or just very naive. I must admit, that both documentary's were an eye opener when they were screened.

Either way, his behaviour - whether sinister, or harmless, does cross the bounds of normality, and what we would consider to be appropriate behaviour, between an Adult and Child, certainly reading the "childrens party" thread it is obvious that most D.J's take great care when working these functions, for obvious reasons. So it's not surprising that Michael's behaviour has started some rumours.

Maybe his motives are harmless, and he's just misunderstood - he certainly seems to live in his own little world!. But like LOZ has said, there is a difference between how he conducts his life and his music. I doubt that any of his songs can be accused of corrupting minors, unlike certain rap artists

I've got a fair few wacko remixes sitting next to me.. If you want a list of them, drop me a pm.. Also I've a great source for the latest mashups/bootlegs if anyone is interested.. Again, drop me a pm..

NiM

and what do we consider to be normal?

From the age of 4 Michael has never had a normal life, but people are quick to critisice, because he wants to be a kid.

Im not asking for you all to start loving him, but at least you could call him by his name.

Michael Jackson.

Thats not wacko jacko or any other press terms.

Thank You, and btw, im the one who eats sleeps and talk MJ.

and what do we consider to be normal?

Well unfortunately this is deemed by society in general, and attitudes change on a regular basis. For instance when I was young (not THAT long ago http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif ), we used to visit neighbours and be able to talk to other parents - nowadays parents view their neighbours with suspicion and god help anybody who speaks to or tries to assist a child who isn't related to them.

I'm not a parent, but I would certainly be very concerned if my Son / Daughter stayed at a friends house and I found out that the parents had shared a bed with them!. I wouldn't find this acceptable behaviour and I doubt that any members who are also parents would disagree?.

Nowadays, if I saw a child crying alone in the street, I wouldn't go and help him / her. Twenty years ago, nobody would have thought twice about it.

Michael may be (and appears to be) childlike and a very caring individual so maybe he's just misunderstood. But he's an adult and also subject, perhaps more than most, to the attentions of society in general.

There is a line drawn where showing genuine affection to a child ends, and common sense begins and this line gets thinner every year. Sadly this may result in the production of millions of cold, emotionless adults in the coming years....so expect an increase in the number of politicians and Bank managers http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

QUOTE (Smooth Criminal Ross @ May 27 2003, 11:11 AM)
Im not asking for you all to start loving him, but at least you could call him by his name.

Hey, I like his music, I think he was (is?) a very talented artist, I just think he's odd! And his socks, he was an icon for all the school kids whose parents refused to buy them new trousers cos they'd ruined the other pairs playing football, even when you grew too big for them.. I respect him for making that semi-cool..

Michael Jackson.

Thats not wacko jacko or any other press terms.

That's like the equivalent of a nickname, I get called by my nicknames (*insert random insult here*) all the time.. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

:cense: SNIP SNIP SNIP :cense:

Decided to edit this post, read like flame bait.. Bah.. Where have my literacy skills gone?

Edited by NiM
NiM

I would rather have my kids, and me, listen to Jackson than Eninem, Maryln Manson, Slipknot etc etc etc.........

Heal the world, make it a better place or Your a mother f~%^&$% and you deserve to die. Take your pick of the lyrics you would rather listen to.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

I would rather have my kids, and me, listen to Jackson than Eninem, Maryln Manson, Slipknot etc etc etc.........
Heal the world, make it a better place or Your a mother f~%^&$% and you deserve to die. Take your pick of the lyrics you would rather listen to.

LOL well its true!! The lyrics are pretty rough these days, worse then they have ever been, mindu i still listen to all the stuff with swearing etc but i would rather listen to some thing with meaningful lyrics

Edited by Rick

Discos @ Resonable prices in berkshire come to Performance Light & Sound 07833 991057

Http://www.plsdiscoberks.co.uk

go to http://www.mobiledisco.org/ for discos around congleton and nr areas

QUOTE (ADS Entertainments @ May 27 2003, 02:22 PM)

You are totally right.

Eminem, a guy who uses chainsaws, does drugs and everything, is cool.

Michael Jackson, runs around, is a kid, protects his childrens ID, and writes nice songs.

Meh.... http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Thanks.

QUOTE (Smooth Criminal Ross @ May 27 2003, 02:43 PM)
Michael Jackson, runs around, is a kid, protects his childrens ID, and writes nice songs.

Didn't want to get drawn into this, but bleh..

Mustn't forget the out of court settlement for abuse of a child, letting other children sleep in the same room/bed as him. Stopping his children from having real contact with real people (outside of the fairytail land), forcing them to wear masks whenever in public, dangling babies over balconies and wearing red leather jackets.

It's all wrong..

Thought we were talking about his behaviour/wacky ways?

But anyway, I still like the socks..

NiM

Mustn't forget the out of court settlement for abuse of a child, letting other children sleep in the same room/bed as him.

No proof of it.....

ANd if he did, why do kids go round still?

So he sleeps in the same room, im sure u do when u were a kid, hes just a big kid...

Stopping his children from having real contact with real people (outside of the fairytail land), forcing them to wear masks whenever in public,

He does, when hes in public, my friend saw MJ a couple of days ago at Universal Studios, with his kids, they were talking to people. They wear masks to protect ID as i said....We all saw what happend in the attempted kidknap of David Beckhams family, and hes only famous in england, what happens when ur the most famous person on the planet(source neverland valley.com)

and finally the whole dangling baby incident, the press slowed it down so it looked worse than it did. Im sorry that u think its wrong, meh.

Peace

Edited by Smooth Criminal Ross