Dj's United

I must admit I find it a little odd that someone with nearly 800 posts, and an experienced jockey hasn't come across NADJ before.....it's not like they're never mentioned.......

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone who has a need to be aware of the NADJ is, it's not a secret club.

I get the impression had Peter posted that members get a free pen the reply would have been great but I have a box full of Biro's.

The NADJ are committed to trying to improve things for DJ's and also raising awareness of the benefits of booking NADJ members over non members. DJ's who recognise that we are working to improve things (and more importantly that we have a structure that allows people who feel they can make a diference to help us) are joining the ones who simply say whats in it for me are not, which is fine.

Also can we get back to the topic now we have answered the questions about NADJ.

If people need further clarification then it would be better to ask us direct.

I am going to the show and also I am staying at the Yardley Lodge as are about 30 others from various other forums.

It should be a great day, plenty for everyone.

Everyone who has a need to be aware of the NADJ is, it's not a secret club.

I get the impression had Peter posted that members get a free pen the reply would have been great but I have a box full of Biro's.

The NADJ are committed to trying to improve things for DJ's and also raising awareness of the benefits of booking NADJ members over non members. DJ's who recognise that we are working to improve things (and more importantly that we have a structure that allows people who feel they can make a diference to help us) are joining the ones who simply say whats in it for me are not, which is fine.

Also can we get back to the topic now we have answered the questions about NADJ.

If people need further clarification then it would be better to ask us direct.

I am going to the show and also I am staying at the Yardley Lodge as are about 30 others from various other forums.

It should be a great day, plenty for everyone.

I get the impression had Peter posted that members get a free pen the reply would have been great but I have a box full of Biro's. - You are correct 45 quid a bit steep for a pen as free dont think so..

The NADJ are committed to trying to improve things for DJ's and also raising awareness of the benefits of booking NADJ members over non members. DJ's who recognise that we are working to improve things (and more importantly that we have a structure that allows people who feel they can make a diference to help us) are joining the ones who simply say whats in it for me are not, which is fine. - This being the case do they vet you as a potential member before allowing you to join?? also how are they doing this??? and what have they achieved todate??? How can it be that if I pay £45 to NADJ I am more worthy of a booking than if I dont??? Who decided this was the case???

Also can we get back to the topic now we have answered the questions about NADJ. - Sorry I was finished asking questions but your post brought up some more

If people need further clarification then it would be better to ask us direct. - So what is your role in the NADJ??

How can an organisation with only 200 members be called National Association of DJs ???

I must admit I find it a little odd that someone with nearly 800 posts, and an experienced jockey hasn't come across NADJ before.....it's not like they're never mentioned....... I had seen posts on here about NADJ but had never heard of it till I came here So you guys should thank DJU for giving you a free platform to ply your wears.. This being the case would a non DJ average joe punter know or even care what a NADJ is ????

I think all my questions are relevant and worthy of being in the public domain so other members on this forum (The best DJ forum around IMHO) can also learn about the benefits (if any) of being a paid up member of the NADJ

Please dont answer this post if you cant answer my questions as that is non constructive.. I have also talked on the phone today with Guinnessman42 and he is fine with me posting with in this thread (nice to have chatted to you Ken)

Nik

Nicholas,

Your an intelligent chap. Go to the NADJ website, read the literature on their pages and make your own judgement if its beneficial to you. Some members on here find being a member helps them.

You may also find they have a open forum to answer all your queries.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

This being the case do they vet you as a potential member before allowing you to join?? also how are they doing this??? and what have they achieved todate??? How can it be that if I pay £45 to NADJ I am more worthy of a booking than if I dont??? Who decided this was the case???

All members sign up a code of conduct that can be seen on the website. Whether your clients know about the NADJ is up to you.. a lot of clients like the fact that you're part of a national organisation so it can help to clinch a sale. You can also use their flyers to add to mail shots or booking packs etc.

It is true that what you get out of it depends what you put in.. I think Nathan summed it up very nicely. And £45 is hardly a great expense now is it?

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

Nicholas,

Your an intelligent chap. Go to the NADJ website, read the literature on their pages and make your own judgement if its beneficial to you. Some members on here find being a member helps them.

You may also find they have a open forum to answer all your queries.

Steven

I much preffer to debate my DJ goings on in a forum of my choice and that is this one... And why are they so against giving answers to my questions on this open to all forum that is free and unrestricted to everyone..

The idea of this site is to ask questions and give relevant answers to those questions.. Why not just discuss this association on here...???

But thankyou for the information...

Nicholas...

UK Hero

You have asked questions and you have received answers.

If you have a genuine desire for information on what the NADJ is about you could attend the show, if you feel what we are offering is for you can join. However if the answer to these questions is no you will not.

It's clear you feel you get everything you desire from this online community I personally see that there is a time and a place for online debate but that will only go so far.

The NADJ are working towards improving what we offer to our members and it's thanks to people like Danno amongst others who have taken the leap of faith and joined NADJ that we continue to evolve.

Danno is a forum regular who I am sure will testify the benefits of forums, indeed we have all learned a lot from forums, but I bet now Danno has started networking personally with DJ's (partly thanks to NADJ) his business has benefited far more than it ever did than when he networked virtually.

The members of the Welsh branch in particular will confirm that since Mark Weller started the branch everyone has had an increase in skills, work and earnings due to the many benefits brought about by the opportunities made available to them from their local colleagues.

If everyone had a what’s in it for me attitude we would never get anywhere and one thing I have come to realise that if you talk to DJ’s in person rather than forum based DJ’ via a keyboard this attitude is less common.

Are you a member of any organisation such as SEDA or the MU?

Feel free to analyse the ins and outs of this post and compare it to whatever but I for one am proud to be part of NADJ and I know I am at least trying to do my bit for the NADJ knowing that slowly but surely we are pushing things forward rather driving from the back seat.

You have three choices; don't join, join or join and get involved and try to make a difference.

We are national because our membership covers the entire UK, the more people join the stronger we will be. We only have a membership in the hundreds and look what we are trying to do, if we had a membership in the thousands like this forums membership imagine what we could do.

Kind Regards

Nathan Fleming

NADJ webmaster

PS if you have any further questions can you please direct them either to me personally or to the committee or on our own forum so that we can allow this thread to get back the show on Sunday.

Interesting

I have a little break from the forum and come back to read this great thread.

If everyone had a what’s in it for me attitude we would never get anywhere and one thing I have come to realise that if you talk to DJ’s in person rather than forum based DJ’ via a keyboard this attitude is less common.

I see your point but the trouble with this is that most of the ideas that seem to crop up in one shape or form is from forums and from the ideas and comments from active members who debate and exchange ideas who are dotted all over the place or in this forums case, internationally. Not everybody is apparently two dimensional in attitude because didn't the NADJ form out of the comments and ideas expressed right here several years ago? Looks like Mikeee was the instigator and even other members suggested the name your association adopted?!

Feel free to analyse the ins and outs of this post and compare it to whatever but I for one am proud to be part of NADJ and I know I am at least trying to do my bit for the NADJ knowing that slowly but surely we are pushing things forward rather driving from the back seat.

Great. Sorry, but your comment reminds me of that song by The Strawbs which I started humming as I read! :D

I'm not picking holes or having a go but simple facts look great too and speak for themselves. You only have to read the threads here. Unless too busy, credit should also be given when it is due from the very top backseat driver, not just the passengers on board for the ride.

if we had a membership in the thousands like this forums membership imagine what we could do.

Hindsight is great init!

Interesting

I have a little break from the forum and come back to read this great thread.

I see your point but the trouble with this is that most of the ideas that seem to crop up in one shape or form is from forums and from the ideas and comments from active members who debate and exchange ideas who are dotted all over the place or in this forums case, internationally. Not everybody is apparently two dimensional in attitude because didn't the NADJ form out of the comments and ideas expressed right here several years ago? Looks like Mikeee was the instigator and even other members suggested the name your association adopted?!

Great. Sorry, but your comment reminds me of that song by The Strawbs which I started humming as I read! :D

I'm not picking holes or having a go but simple facts look great too and speak for themselves. You only have to read the threads here. Unless too busy, credit should also be given when it is due from the very top backseat driver, not just the passengers on board for the ride.

Hindsight is great init!

Yes and so is foresight!

There seems to be a general misconception that forums are more important than they really are. I've just done a bit of an exercise over on the [Edit] - there are approximately 2000 discos registered nationwide, so you would expect these to be computer savvy, however only about 40 regularly post on the forum. We've had similar results at branch meetings, where straw polls have been taken - about 1 in 20 that regularly even look at the forums.

I don't want to go into a history lesson, but NADJ formed out of the Thames Valley Disco Association, who were fnding that members were based outside of their geographical confines.

Mikeee may have discussed the idea of TVDJA going national sometime back, but I can assure you the idea came from the then committee appearing at PLASA as TVDJA and us reacting to the national interest we had received and the realisation that a national association was not at that point available.

Likewise the name was also decided by the committee collectively and specifically the NADJ name came from another committee member and that wasn't Mikeee.

The first person to have the ability to drive the NADJ national model forward was Derek Pengelly the NADJ chairman who presented the TVDJA/NADJ committee the model which NADJ have now adopted.

Yes PLASA was the turning point that gave us the "push" and a committee meeting held at a hotel in the centre of the universe, Slough, is where Rob Peck (TVDJA / NADJ President and MD Gemini) first suggested we use the name NADJ.

Roadie No1, I don't think Instigator is quite the right word. Yes it is something that I've wanted to see for a very long time and it's been the last 10 years that things have come together (in a lot of different ways). If you all stop and think about it logically, you have the MU for Musicians, Equity for Actors / Actresses / Entertainers and now the NADJ for DJ's, and once it is recognised by the goverment and other professional bodies, it will have the same clout as the MU and Equity, thus putting all DJ's on a level playing field with the rest of the entertainment industry.

My recommendation is for all Pub, Club, Bar and Mobile DJ's to Join up and change the future of the industry.

UK Entertainers are known for being the best in the world, we can knock spots off of any other country, lets start to educate them in how to do it properly - Remember, Juliannias still supply BRITISH DJ's to almost every major Hotel in the world - London to Los Angles's, to Singapore to Hong Kong to Sydney to Paris. Agencies still supply BRITISH DJ's, musicians and entertainers to every major cruise company and resorts around the world. Lets start getting the respect going again, get to the AGM sign up and make a difference.

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Thank you for the emails and PM's, and sorry, left out Radio DJ's - Hospital, BBC and ILR. That should cover it.

...........and does that surprise you?!!!!!!!

Guinness

I have repeatedly tried to put it back on track, admittedly whilst trying to justify all things NADJ related.

I am going to the show and will probably end up spending all of my time in either the reception area or by the computer DJ stand trying to steal the machine they have Reflex installed on.

...........and does that surprise you?!!!!!!! [/qu ote] it was just a questionwhich not many have replied does this mean im the only one going

anyone going to the nadj show on the 29th of april
has anyone got a phone number i could get in touch with nadj

No, you won't be the only one there, honest. I still haven't decided, but it is getting tempting, I believe that offers of liquid refreshment is now running at 54 pints - and thats just this weeks offers :dan+ju: :cheers: :amen:

The number you require is: 0845 430 3044

No, you won't be the only one there, honest. I still haven't decided, but it is getting tempting, I believe that offers of liquid refreshment is now running at 54 pints - and thats just this weeks offers :dan+ju: :cheers: :amen:

The number you require is: 0845 430 3044

cheers thanks for the number mike

So are you a member guinnessman42 why cant anyone give some answers I might go if I think its worth it...

But I got all the kit I need at the mo so what else goes on there... I am starting to think that this might not be such a good association to join if I cant get any answers as a potential new member ie before they get there hands on my 45 quid what chance have i got with there after sales service as it were.. Mind you I still dont know what im getting for my £45.... Help I truly want to know?????

I'm a member of the NADJ and I have a dispute with an organisation currently. Can't give details because it's ongoing. Suffice to say the NADJ has stepped in and will take legal action on my behalf if necessary.

That alone is worth the membership fee.

I'm a member of the NADJ and I have a dispute with an organisation currently. Can't give details because it's ongoing. Suffice to say the NADJ has stepped in and will take legal action on my behalf if necessary.

That is good news (NADJ helping) And I would agree if the out come is as you hope then well worth the money...

I understand if its on going you cant comment so come on people what has the NADJ stepped in to help you with...

Nik

But it's not unique, and that's the way you make it sound! The MU offer the same service, and given their respective sizes, I know which one I'd rather have backing me.....

:scared:

Edited by Abuse Controller

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

a simple question from guinessman,or i thought it was.why is it turned into a lets have a go at nadj thread can we please put it back on track.if anyone as any questions about nadj then go to the show and find out ,look it up on there website or even start another thread but keep it civil.please

no i am working so cant make it myself so cant make it.

andy :rolleyes:

3 Fat blokes from the Westcountry are going.

In order of fatness.

Me

Gary Cee

Your Big Event.

Eddie

<a href="http://www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk" title="Vibrant Sounds Mobile Disco & Karaoke DJ Ed Bray Eddie Bray eddiebray plymouth devon weddings birthdays parties mobilediscoplymouth" "mobile disco plymouth">www.vibrant-sounds.co.uk</a>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>PAFC Pride of DEVON</span> C'mon U Greens

I am going with Dale (My likkle bruv).

Basically to see that the "Cornish Pasty munchers" don't establish base camp in the midlands. :mikee:

And to discuss the ransom for Chrispy. :fear:

And to consider any of the advantages of joining............. :hide: :cheers:

I am driving apparently, so it's pepsi Harribo for me please.