Dj's United

Weekend Of 20th - 23rd August

Ok muppet alert ! I posted earlier in last weekends thread - dimwit williams

What are you guys up to then, still busy wedding season for everyone ?

Unusually busy one for me this weekend I'm pleased to say

Friday - My first Gay wedding

Saturday - Lighting Job (roadie 2 to set up)

Saturday - Wedding

Sunday - Wedding

Monday - LARGE 16th birthday party in an aircraft hangar (Disco, Karaoke, Catering, Outside Loos, Solo Singer/Guitarist, Pole dancing display and lessons)

Tuesday - back to work for a rest or heart attack :-)

The best DJ between Littlehaven Station and the Rusper Road in Horsham - Probably....

MY disco website CHEAP DJ PLI amongst several others ;-)

Thursday - picking up a pair of 6-month old datamoons which I've been meaning to do for almost two weeks now, also meeting the ex-DJ too - so should be interesting chatting!

Friday afternoon - meeting a couple about their wedding in October at their venue. :scared: but also looking forward to it too! Potentially other service providers will be there too (Photographer is at least one too).

Rest of weekend - polishing up the deck stand and stuff ready for the weekend after. Going to dry-run things too, and see how much space I'll gain, as I may be in the market for a subwoofer sooner than I thought.. !

Cheers,

David

ps. I have no idea how the old edit from another thread appeared in this post just now :wacko:

Edited by gadget

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Nothing for me :sad:

But I am off to Alton Towers on Sunday With my Daughter

Saturday mix of refurbing a light that has been left at my doorstep (Clay Paky Astrodisco) and getting large the Retro show ready for Septembers function.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

No peace for the wicked.

Music festival Friday, Birthday gig Saturday, Black Tie ball Sunday, sleep Monday, Bank Tuesday!!!

:joe:

Getting my new (But second hand) sound system from a local social club tonight. I'll probably let my band use it whenever I'm not. 4x900w tops, 2x600w bins, 600w amp & a mixing unit.

Tomorrow is busy for me, got a meeting in the afternoon with a client about an artwork commision. Gig with my band from 9pm 'til 11pm. Then it's off to my residency for the rest of the night. The gig with the band is literally the other end of the street from my residency so not that bad =D

Saturday. Erm. Saturday? Can't think offhand lol. I think I'm somewhere but don't have my diary in front of me.

Sunday. Residency from 9pm-1am.

Monday. Sleep!

I recently got the TuneUp plugin for iTunes so I'll be spendin my spare time sorting my collection out with that.

Thursday residency at a hotel

And thoroughly good it was too! :)

Tonight picked up a pair of datamoons in pretty good condition, including a set of 5pin->3pin and vice-versa adaptors (still need another pair though!), off a DJ who had given it up... I may also buy his Maya 44 USB card - i was offered 40 notes for this (is this a good price s/h?), its only about a year or so old... Had a good chat with him for about 20-30 minutes, and met his new baby girl too (his reason for giving it up!)...

Went to centre of Manchester for Curry night at 'spoons on Oxford Road with some friends, and then slipped off at 10pm to Hyde, and went into the Village Hotel, where Rob was doing his Karaoke.

Tried to look inconspicuous - FAIL - he spotted me within about 5 minutes of me being there! There was also lots of appreciation, especially a group of Scousers shouting "Robstar's a Legend" repeatedly!

Chatted to Rob for almost 2 hours after he finished at 11pm, to the point that his wife rang him up wondering where he was at about 12.30! (Apologies for keeping you away for so long!).

He's a thorougly nice bloke you know! And glad to finally to meet him after all this time!

All in all a top night... :Thumbup:

Cheers,

David

Edited by gadget

DJ David Graham

Getting my new (But second hand) sound system from a local social club tonight. I'll probably let my band use it whenever I'm not. 4x900w tops, 2x600w bins, 600w amp & a mixing unit.

I needed somewhere to store it for a couple of weeks till I get rid of the sound system that I'm using at the minute so a mate kindly offered to keep it in her dining room.

Me and the other half carried it all in and it sat there for about half an hour whilst we sat around drinking tea, smoking our heads off, and having a catch up session.

The space she cleared for it was slightly too small so as I joke I said I'd pile it all up around her TV and hook her DVD player, sky plus and hifi through it.

Erm

She went for it lol.

Her neighbor was out so we flicked MTV on and cranked it up. The house was starting to shake at number 6!!!!!

We kept the mixer on number 1 for volume and when we turned it off we were all amazed at how quiet the TV had been before that! We could hardly hear it!

I'm pleased it's being put to use whilst I'm not using it lol.

Weekend off for me as my youngest Son and his girlfriend is over from Shanghai ( where he works) . Took them to Thorpe Park yesterday .....I am definately getting too old for rollercoasters......glad no disco today as I dont think I would be able to lift anything :wacko:

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

I did a wedding in a posh 5 star hotel on Friday evening.

Nice people, but no requests beforehand or on the evening which was strange apart from the B&G's first dance. The remainder of the evening was spent trying the prise up people from the their seats and onto the dance floor which was hard work. :damn:

Picked up s/h Maya 44 USB Sound Card today, and am quite impressed with it. Even got a pair of ground loop isolators thrown in too for 40 quid all in...

Have been window shopping for Par Cans and failing miserably !

Cheers,

David

DJ David Graham

I don't expect sympathy, but wanted to share with someone, how totally REMOVED I am right now !

3 weddings and 2 lighting jobs done in 3 days, and the big one is tomorrow (oh plus my divorce hearing - oh joy !), a 16th with every bell and whistle, plus organising karaoke (hired in-I dont do them) catering, bar, toilets, singer/ guitarist, stage, uplighting and poledancers.

Hope to get some video tomorrow, so watch the gallery section for hopefully something worth watching later in the week after some sleeping....

night night world....zzzz

Gary (GDK)

Reason for edit

Forum Rules & Acceptable Use

9) Do not substitute letters within vulgar/obscene/forbidden words with punctuation marks or other symbols. Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) parental software controls and School or Company networks still recognise many of the disguised words and may block access to the forum from their networks.

Edited by Gary (GDK)

The best DJ between Littlehaven Station and the Rusper Road in Horsham - Probably....

MY disco website CHEAP DJ PLI amongst several others ;-)

And thoroughly good it was too! :)

Tonight picked up a pair of datamoons in pretty good condition, including a set of 5pin->3pin and vice-versa adaptors (still need another pair though!), off a DJ who had given it up... I may also buy his Maya 44 USB card - i was offered 40 notes for this (is this a good price s/h?), its only about a year or so old... Had a good chat with him for about 20-30 minutes, and met his new baby girl too (his reason for giving it up!)...

Went to centre of Manchester for Curry night at 'spoons on Oxford Road with some friends, and then slipped off at 10pm to Hyde, and went into the Village Hotel, where Rob was doing his Karaoke.

Tried to look inconspicuous - FAIL - he spotted me within about 5 minutes of me being there! There was also lots of appreciation, especially a group of Scousers shouting "Robstar's a Legend" repeatedly!

Chatted to Rob for almost 2 hours after he finished at 11pm, to the point that his wife rang him up wondering where he was at about 12.30! (Apologies for keeping you away for so long!).

He's a thorougly nice bloke you know! And glad to finally to meet him after all this time!

All in all a top night... :Thumbup:

Cheers,

David

My wife was about to send out the flying monkeys (with accompaining cackle of "I'll get you my pretty) but was absouloutly fine when she realised i was chatting to a fellow DJ (she knows i can talk the hind legs off a Donkey when it comes to djing.)

Must admit to being a bit nervous when i see a fellow DJ in the crowd. The Scouser singing wonderwall doesn't sound quite right! lol(just as a mancunian singing walk away by cast before any scousers have a go lol) .

Being a Hotel venue we get different residents each week so its a bit different a venue than other pubs as we get regulars plus large groups of random new people , when David came in it was a bunch of Liverpudlians so i knew i was on a winner as stereotypical as it is they are normally up for a laugh and they were.

really nice meeting David, nothing like his profile piccy wAS Surprised i spotted him ..taller than i thought ,different hair and dressed way cooler lol in real life..thoroughly nice and very inteligent bloke.

Thanks for popping down

Rob

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26