Dj's United

Friday

HMV staff party for the Sunderland store - mix of muisc only about 20 staff!

Saturday afternoon

British Airways (Newcastle office) staff's kids party. Looking forward to it.

Saturday evening

Nothing in my own diary - but an agent has booked me up. Waiting to hear on venue still.

Sunday afternoon

Asda (Boldon Store) staff's kids party. Always a good laugh!

Muisc to play...

60s The Beatles - Hard Day's Night

70s Bay City Rollers - Shang-A-Lang

80s Duran Duran - The Reflex

90s House Of Pain - Jump Around

00s Kasabian - Club Foot

10s Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are

Xmas Pouges - Fairytale Of New York

Try and fit them in! Easy bunch this week! I find playing Bruno Mars after first dance (providing there is no second) goes down quite well!

Anyone taking a camera out this week? I find xmas parties great for getting dancing shots!

GDK Entertainments

Raising The Standards In Entertainment

M 0783 529 5169

E info@gdkentertainments.co.uk

Thursday - Kids Xmas Party in the afternoon - approx 90 kids.

Friday - Kids Xmas Party (same school/venue!) in the afternoon - approx 120+ kids.

Saturday - Dinner/Dance/Christmas Party for an NHS Medical Centre/Doctor Surgery...

Sunday - Sleep, maybe.. :)

+1 on the photo shots - got some good ones last week (despite lack of lighting!) :)

Edited by gadget

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

Buddha Lounge Romford friday playing soulful & funky house in room 1... room 2 80s soul funk & boogie - should be a good night... a good mixture of music!

Saturday private xmas party in a very big tent lol... hope the space heaters work - or ill have to go home an get my halogen lights ;)

Sunday... satrting a new night at a local pub...

monday is gonna be a very long day when i get back to my 9-5 lol

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk

This Wednesday, Thursday and Friday had corporate Christmas parties in Moorgate, Dukesy has also been their rattling glasses off the shelf in a different room. ( I will let him explain if he ever finds his way off the M25) tonight it's a Christmas party for the Herts section of the caravan club in Biggleswade.

next Tuesday back down in London for the rest of the week.......looking forward to a break at Xmas already.

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Scary wind last night the Marquee at our Hotel was blowing that hard that i had to move the rig foreward about 4 feet' the marquee is screwed down really well' Although caretaker did a check at the end of the night and a lot of supports had bent on one side ' Don't really want to be in there when it's like that but iv'e got another 8 Nights to do'

Hope that the Marquee company comes & Sort it out today' All though had a fantastic night and all the Guests were drunk so they didn't really mind.

70s night last Wednesday in a Hertford Resturant. A bit of a result (for me), I was booked until 12:30, but at 10:50, the manager came up and said they were only licenced until 11....

A shame for the diners - they were having a great time and it would have been a great one... Home by midnight.

Manager and staff were very happy, and wants to book again. I think they have a restriction on their licence, so other gigs will start earlier and still have to end at 11. (so I'm happy to do this as a mid-weeker)

Friday was a nice 2hr 14th kids party, easy, good kids, mum was up for a laugh, and I got birthday cake :-)

Kids went mad for some of the older stuff (Prodigy/House of Pain etc), but the usual Justin Beiber/Gaga etc all got a playing - for these, the last few "Now" CD's become valuable!

I've been told to expect 2 bookings very soon, but I hope she realises that a 2hr friday party is much cheaper than a Saturday (peak) booking.

I actually don't mind the kids parties on off-peak days. I also take them on weeks I have my kids - mine get to see the value in working hard (they both know a 2hr kids party is a complete afternoon of work!)

Sat was a 50th (I thought it was a 60th..lol) in Enfield. 1st floor, but with a service lift. Set-up was a bit longer than I wanted, but the result was good. On a stage, but with good acoustics and was able to run my new hazer.

No specific music required, but she did complain about a previous party where the DJ played Elvis "all night".

So, mixed it up a little - 90's went well, so had fun mixing some classics, but they were also up for modern.

Birthday girl was a big "Rod Stewart" fan, so ended on "unplugged" version of "Have I told you lately" to a very full floor of oldies dancing.

Got a hug, and sincere thanks, which doesn't always happen - but its nice to be appreciated!

The herts caravan club gig went surprisingly well last night considering they were all over the age of 60, made me feel positively young...which is unusual. Had to set up next to a large tea urn .... What a result.

Got to play more slow songs than I usually do in a month of discos.

Was a bit concerned when the first request I got was for Utah saints - something good 08. I had to ask them 3 times whether they were sure it was what they really wanted. anyway on it went and the floor filled and they were all doing the running man dance. quality :D ( shame i didnt have the camera) only one person had to be taken to hospital afterwards ...not bad.

I would have bet someone £100 prior to the gig that I would not have been able to play that :joe: Even got to play black eyed peas - the dirty bit and some lady gaga. A great time was had by all and an 11.30 finish as it was way past their bed time.

Edited by wizard

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

Last night was not enjoyable for me. I had a wedding (which was booked last minute by another DJ) and the original start time was supposed to be 7PM. I got there at 5-30 and was told that I couldn't set up in the hall as they hadn't even started eating yet. I eventually was able to bring in my stuff at 8-40 and was asked how long it would take to set up. I said it normally takes up to an hour but I would be as quick as I can. At 9-05 I was asked how much longer and I said maybe another 20 minutes if I didn't put all my lights up. At 9-15 they turned off the lights at my end of the hall (supposedly to let everyone know that the music would start soon)

Anyway, I started the music at 9-25 and after calling the bride and groom on to the dance floor for the 1st dance, there was an embarassing silence when I tried to play their song.

What had happened was due to pressure to get the music playing asap and the lack of lighting at my end I plugged the lead from the CD player into the wrong line-in ports. I sorted it out within 30 seconds but it wasn't the best start.

Also, this hall had a sound limiter and I spent the whole night watching the red light on the wall. Thankfully it never tripped the power but as most of the crowd wanted Rock music (which had to be played loud for best effect), I had a few people asking me to turn it up.

Also, as I was replacing someone else, I was asked to pretend to be the original DJ (as it was very important that the TOP MAN did the music) and because of that I was unable to hand out any business cards that were requested because that would have given myself and him away.

In summary, they enjoyed it (to a point) but I didn't.

This Wednesday, Thursday and Friday had corporate Christmas parties in Moorgate, Dukesy has also been their rattling glasses off the shelf in a different room. ( I will let him explain if he ever finds his way off the M25) tonight it's a Christmas party for the Herts section of the caravan club in Biggleswade.

next Tuesday back down in London for the rest of the week.......looking forward to a break at Xmas already.

Biggleswade.....you could have called in for a coffee...

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

Biggleswade.....you could have called in for a coffee...

I was at the Edward Peake school on the Potton Road

I was at the Edward Peake school on the Potton Road

2 Mins from my house....

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.