Dj's United

How Do You Smokers Manage?

My partner is a smoker and every 45miutes she makes "The Pilgrimage to Ensure a Shorter Life".

I would feel guilty if I did 1t whilst I were earning 40 or 50 quid an hour.Do the working smokers on the site never get challenged when their having a crafty one outside or don't you bother when your working.

If you don't bother to smoke when you are working WHY don't you pretend you are working all the time...and then you can stop??

I smoke 20 - 30 a day, but i am booked in at new leaf to go on the stop smoking pill (champix).

I do go out at least twice for a "crafty fag" while doing a gig, but always do this only when i can grab a quick minute, normally while the buffet is on. Even so, i do feel guilty and unprofesional.

I cannot wait to quit, i tried last year but only managed a week. Its not easy but the doc says it can take more than a couple of atempts. Me and the wife currently spend £70 a week on them. If i quit and save up the money, maybe i could put it towards that new piece of equipment. :D

smoke breaks are the only time i feel unprofessional, but I use that time wisely, often it enables me to intermingle with the guests and obtain feedback which I can then incorporate my newly found knowledge back into the show. At disco's, I tend to work in a pair so we take our breaks in turn.

A lot of my regular venues (for karaoke) have me in a Dj box as well, which in my opinion is not the ideal... it makes the KJ look separate from the audience rather than part of them, so a cigarette break allows me to escape from behind the barrier.

A lot of my regular venues (for karaoke) have me in a Dj box as well, which in my opinion is not the ideal... it makes the KJ look separate from the audience rather than part of them

slightly off topic , i don't smoke... but i feel this too ...DJ boxes are not ideal i too make breaks to mingle so using the smoking break for that purpose is a great idea :Thumbup:

Rob Star Entertainments
Facebook page
landline 0161 265 3421
Mobile: 0777 99 777 26

Easy!

Take an apprentice/Roadie with....they'll enjoy the experience!

It's what I do.....

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

Non smoker but wasteful with money...as my partner frequently reminds me.

However she loses every argument when I remind her of the seven quid she spends a day on cigs.....£4000 a year up in smoke....literally.She's been smoking 32 years.....i'll leave you to do the maths.

I recently did a gig where the hotel manager (i don't smoke) said he didn't want his DJ's smoking near the the entrance as it gave the wrong impression on the hotel.

Quite rightly too,but obviously its ok to pick yer nose in the motor tongue out icon

Can't think of many things more off putting than going up to a DJ who has been smoking and having to endure smoker's breath. ;thumbdown:

Easy!

Take an apprentice/Roadie with....they'll enjoy the experience!

It's what I do.....

what,, hope your not encouraging the apprentice to smoke.. or ain`t i quite reading this post right...

two old codgers who at our age should know better.(G7AJG)

what,, hope your not encouraging the apprentice to smoke.. or ain`t i quite reading this post right...

Not even close!

And how would that make any sense in the context of the post??????

He takes over once or twice during the evening, that's all

Cheers!

Roy B.

Digital Distortion Disco (D3 Entertainments)

See you around!

When I used to smoke, I too used to take the opportunity to mix and mingle with other smokers, especially at wedding functions.